SAU Community

Highmount Turbo Price Bracket

tohmez

i'm basically chasing a price bracket for a highmount turbo.

what have you paid and was it worth it.

i'm still pretty new to turbo cars i've owned my r34 gtt for approximately a 1yr and looking and upgrading the turbo etc

It's obvious you are new. ;)

You could highmount any turbo so maybe you should be more specific as to how much power you are chasing and why you actually want a highmount. You can fit some big (400rwkw) turbos onto stock manifold.

Edited by Ben C34

haha i just don't have alot of knowledge about all this

i was looking at a Tog1 bb turbo anyone know if they are a reputable brand i got some specs for you guys to have a look at i'm not quite sure myself how responsive they are but its bb so isn't that good for starters?

8xmxyw.jpg

what if i state whats already been done to my car will that help shed some light on the situations haha

i've already got when i bought the car turboback varex exhaust, upgraded intercooler and the rest in split fire coilpacks and larger fuel pump it's currently making 280hp with the stock ecu got nistune to go in soon hopefully, i'm basically just trying to break into the high 300's shouldn't be too hard

something like this?

http://www.hypergearturbos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=74&product_id=69

if i've got a turbo back exhaust already does that mean my manifold has been changed most likely?

sorry for such n00b questions

That is a high flow option that uses your factory housings. Means its a 100% bolt on turbo.

If you wish to go for a simple cheap high mount that is responsive and makes good power, Go for our SL20.5. Proven performance.

http://www.hypergearturbos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_76&product_id=61

Both of them will out perform the TOG item in the accounts of power v response, and reliability.

• Like 1

Not sure how much power you are targeting. Our ATR43SS2 is made to be a bolton turbo that can support towards the 300rwkws mark on P98 fuel.

To high mount, all the hot side has to be re-made, as well as all the lines and pipping connected to the turbocharger. For a Proper high mount and external gate setup, you will be looking to spend around $1500.