SAU Community

4 Door GTS-T

someonestolecc

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a Skyline. I've owned a few cars before and I like driving enthusiastically (read: track for fun on the weekends).

I have been stuck on R32's for a while and was looking at a 4 door for insurance and space purposes (I'd like to fit a couple of BMXs in the back and still have room for subs and a mate).

My question is - are there any specific issues downsides or advantages that anyone might see with a 4 door r32 over a coupe?

I mean what parts can you assume to be able to use the same as a r32 couple and which parts are specific to the 4 door?

Are parts easy to get? How much heavier is the 4 door? Anyone use them for drift?

Basically to give an idea of what i'd be doing with this car is probably the following (in no particular order)-

suspension - coilovers, swaybars, struts usual stuff.

soft engine/breathing mods - exhaust, muffler, hiflow cat, air filter

I would also like to put in some mild cams later down the track when I can afford a computer as I'm interested in torque more than just boosting and intercooler for KW.

Final question - are the stock exhausts any good? A lot of people get from cat back and say it makes a lot of difference, or is it worth getting extractors as well? (if i did get them it would prolly be in one go).

Lotta questions - any help is appreciated. THANKS!!

basically everything from the behind the front quarter panels is different to the body.

eg: doors, rear seats (i think), boot lid, rear lights, rear bar.

i don't think they are too much heavier, bout 50-100kg (don't quote me on that) if i can remember, also little bit longer and little bit taller.

yes they have been used for drift!!

hope these attached pics inspire u. :cheers:

the 32 4dr is/was a common drifter in japan.

i dont think there is an extra 100kg in them, but i'm not sure.

the sedan is 15mm (bit over 1%) taller & 50mm (a bit over 1%) longer.

the front ends & wheelbases are the same between sedan & coupe; the extra lenth in the sedan is in the boot & rear section of the roof line.

advantages:

- uncommon in aus so you get a few double takes/comments about having 4 doors

- slightly larger interior, front & back

- easier to get into the back

- larger boot

disadvantages

- coupe has nicer taillights

- most prefer the look of the coupe but overall shape is similar

- body parts probably harder to come by (not sure though)

That's great - thanks for the response.

So basically the consensus is the driveline etc is all the same? (Just confirming).

Also - was looking at buying an auto because a manual 4 door is hard to find. Does anyone know of any dramas with that ? Other than making room/drilling to add the clutch is everything else bolt in? I mean if getting a gearbox that was in a r32 stock coupe to put in a stock 4door?

PS LOVED THOSE PICS.. OWN! :)

thanks again for the specs - I'm suprised its less than 100kg !