SAU Community

Rb25 Heads

Daffy

This has most likely been asked before, but is there a actual difference in the rb25det, and rb25det neo heads.

I have asked a few people and they all say " not sure, think its to do with vvt" but no one is 100% sure.

Ony asking as I have cracked my rb25det neo head, and im having trouble finding a replacement.

And if anyone know where I could get 1 would be real good.. cheers

Yes .

There are definitely differences. You need a neo head.

Solid lifters. Different cams. Different cas. Smaller combustion chamber. Different vct actuator and method of actuation.

No oil drain at the front of the head for vct with neo head. Different coils. Different ports (slightly) probably different valves.

Same gaskets and spark plugs . If that helps.

• Like 1

The stock rad has plastic pipe fittings on it, and it cracked as I was driving on the freeway. It was the top one, so before the water temp, so did not notice a change in temp. Lost water and warped and cracked the head. rest of engine is fine

Now im trying to find a replacement head.

I knew the valves were different and cams, but was not sure weather a normal rb25det head would fit, like the head block etc

Edited by Daffy

A non neo head will fit. It will bolt straight on. The gasket is the same.

Then your car will have crazy low compression and probably oil issues to the head, as I forgot to mention the neo has smaller restrictors in the block as the neo head needs less oil.

• 1 month later...