SAU Community

2015 Ford Focus St

They look insane.

$55k drive away is a bargain too. Got two years to run on my current lease. The RS will be a strong contender for a replacement then.

Can't wait for Chris Harris to test it.

• Like 1

But do these things have Ford's dual clutch transmission?

So many complaints from everyday drivers.

Not such a problem if the car is pushed hard where the transmission can correctly predict the next gear.

St is manual only. And FYI the dual clutch transmission problems in the normal focus have now been solved. The issue was an incorrectly fitted transmission seal leaking onto the clutches causing excessive shudder and slipping. Ford has been replacing the contaminated clutches and seals as required. They know behave quite well. Still have very little occasional low speed shudder but acceptable. My wife owns a focus and we have gone through the above. We're now quite happy.

Good news that Ford has finally acknowledged there was a problem, took long enough.

Many dissatisfied owners will never trust that company again, but then it's pretty much the same story from the rest too.

What amazes me is these car companies jumping onto the twin clutch band wagon when some can't even get a single working properly.

You'd think after 100 years that the old dry plate clutch would be trouble free.

Good news that Ford has finally acknowledged there was a problem, took long enough.

Many dissatisfied owners will never trust that company again, but then it's pretty much the same story from the rest too.

What amazes me is these car companies jumping onto the twin clutch band wagon when some can't even get a single working properly.

You'd think after 100 years that the old dry plate clutch would be trouble free.

Yeah, it was a quiet acknowledgement. Handing clutch control to a computer system sounds good in theory but hey, so did communism lol. Mass producing manufacturers hold out on admitting a fault or problem for as long as they can for reasons I don't understand. The only thing that makes any sense in that case is if they don't know what the actual problem is.

Back on topic. The st is manual only and is a cracker of a car. The coming RS can only be better, you would think. AWD and a drift mode button. Hmmm, much want. If only the wife could /would drive a manual.

So anyone looking at the '16 relase of the Focus RS? 55k on road for 345hp and AWD is decent value. Onlt downside is colour range or lack of

want.

Have put the evo up for sale due to my want.