SAU Community

V36 Lcd Screen Flickering / Electrical Problem?

Hi Guys

Yesterday, after a night of heavy rain in Sydney, my car's lcd screen kept on turning off and on constantly. Sometimes the handbrake light would randomly turn on too but no other warning light. When the screen turns off, you could simply press any of the menu buttons and it would turn on again. I'm having my battery replaced on Monday but I am afraid this could be an electrical fault. I have also noticed that sometimes when its raining i get drops of water coming in from my small speaker besides the side mirror.

Anyone with electrical know-how have any idea?

What do you mean remove the rubber bung? The rubber cover sitting over the grommet is what's supposed to keep water from leaking down there. It might be worth checking it for any defects, especially if an aftermarket amp has been installed and someone has just jammed the power cable through it without properly sealing it or breaking the grommet clips and not replacing the grommet accordingly.

I should know. I broke mine in the process of unclipping it but I can safely say that an intact grommet makes an excellent seal because of how well it squeezes down the rubber ring under it.

cool thanks Lakes, I will take a look at it tomorrow, although I am replacing my battery on Monday I could get them to check it all out too. Its actually heaps better now, doesn't turn off while driving but when you turn on the car, sometimes it doesn't automatically turn on unless I push a button.