SAU Community

Clutch Problems

So, I was driving a couple weeks ago and my clutch sorta went out. The pedal dropped to the floor, but I could push it just a little bit further and could still disengage the clutch. I limped it home and noticed that the slave cylinder was sitting at a strange angle. I've never taken one apart, so I didn't realize it wasn't actually broken even though it looked like it was.

Well, I ordered a new one, and as I was pulling out the old one, I noticed that the lever the slave cylinder pushes on looked off. It then just came off. Now, the problem I'm having looks to be whatever the lever threads in to. It also looks as though the bolt was sheared off at one point, the people said f**k it, and threw it back in as it looks extraordinarily short. I attached pictures of what the bolt threads on to and the bolt itself (still on the lever) so you can see how short it is.

It's obvious this was the problem from the beginning, just need to figure out if that bolt is too short so I can get a new one or not.

Thank you for any help!

Edit: I had a total derp moment. Still need to know about the bolt length and what exactly it threads to.

post-112980-0-53037000-1430564729_thumb.jpg

post-112980-0-48813800-1430564736_thumb.jpg

Edited by 66gt40lm

The fork didn't even actually break, just the bolt did, or rather, the bolt ripped the threads out of whatever it's connected to. I'll probably get a new fork anyways, but whatever it threads to might also be bad as some of the threads were ripped out.

You are going to need to get a new gearbox centre plate (i believe that is the correct term). The easiest option would be to find a dead RB20 gearbox and take it out of that as it will probably prove to difficult to find a centre plate by itself. Then you can get an upgraded pivot ball from GKtech and a nismo clutch fork. Neither is really needed as it's not *that* comman for them to break f they are lubricated correctly but might be some piece of mind for you. The hardest part is getting the gearbox out.

Center plate can be drilled and helicoiled if the threads damaged.

Just buy a new pivot stud, and load the ball with grease when reassembling.

The center plate only had the last two rows of threads damaged, but I think if I get a new pivot, the threads will go much further down. When I checked out the Nismo one, it looked about twice as long as the current one, so I might be able to get away with it temporarily until I can dig deeper. I really don't want to pull my transmission if I can avoid it right now.