SAU Community

R33 Problem Popping And Stalls On Idle Randomly.

25RBGT

Whats happening

Pops on idle randomly wants to stall. Stalls on idle can be fine one minute then no power the next minute like its sucking air or not getting fuel. Will go again if i give it a bit more then it will wanna die again. Then its fine for a bit and then it starts all over again.

changed

fuel pump,fuel filter,

Thanks an advance

Sorry Ben, Thought i put first one in wrong place. so............ Miss fire you say thanks i will check threads out.

Important also yep as hardly made it home from work last night and have to make work tonight.

No worries man.

Give more info about the car. Any mods?

Be specific as usually its something that is easily found but because not enough info is given it takes ages.

An aftermarket bov will cause idle issues typically if the car is otherwise stock.

Car is stock other than front mount.

Some times when it actually dies and I have to pull over I give it 5 mins and it's ok again. Idle is clean now 90% of the time after new fuel pump. It's just popping causing misfire when driving.

On idle pops seem inconsistent 20-50seconds apart. But it's when the pops get close when driving that causes problem.

Going to run diagnostic and clean acc today. See if that makes a difference.

Also clean AFM.

Unplug AFM while idling and if it idles fine that is likely the issue.

Check for boost leaks in pipework. Google how to.

Took AFM off cut the lid off and few wires on back of clip had come off there solder. So busted out soldering iron now it's fixed. Car is running great again.

Only problem is I bought a AFM from skyline spares this morning before I cut the top off the other one. Lol now I have a spare.

Thought may as well have a look inside I have a replacement on the way.

Thanks for all your help once again guys[emoji106]