SAU Community

Where to get RB20 aftermarket Parts?

Memph

Hey all

I have an R32 Gtst and the motor has karked it.

so what i want to do it get it rebuilt, with some forgies, better valves/springs, GTR cams etc.

Where in Vic could i get this done? or at least get the parts from?

I think i can get most of the work done but just dont know where to get the parts?

i can do the bottom end, but i guess i will need to get my head reco'd somewhere?

anyone had any good experiences with anywhere in melb?

If so where abouts? what did you get done? and how much?

i have about 5 grand to get it all done but i want to budget in there some aftermarket management, so i guess around 3 and a half grand for the lot.

Any suggestions. thanks all, much appreciated

:)

Dont they do a lot of work with RB26s... RB20, 25, 26 same thing? Did you speak to them?

i just spoke to him through email, he said they dont do work on RB20's and that i should talk to some Dean bloke from Ultimate Performance or something but i think that was concerning the RB25 conversion which i dont really want to do anymore... i just want to get my RB20 rebuilt with stronger internals etc.

Anyone got any other places that they know work on RB20's?

Thanks all

inark: i only the car for around 2 months or so but i think some of the reason for its death was due to over boosting as i ran around 14 - 15 on it sometimes when i got my new controller... though when it actually died it had been on 10 - 11 all night which is as low as i could get it to go on my controller. as in whyen it is set to 0 extra boost it still goes up to around 11 which i heard was normal for a stock turbo with aftermarket exhaust / pod filter so i didnt really worry about that..

oh well. seems i may come out of it with something a little better anyhow..

Cheers all

ouch... i was running mine on 14 to 15psi for 14 months and then just left it on 12psi or the last 3 months and never had any issues... i know the guy i sold mine to about 2 months ago hasnt had any issues with it either and hes running 13psi through it.

id say there was something grossely wrong with it to begin with.

ouch... i was running mine on 14 to 15psi for 14 months and then just left it on 12psi or the last 3 months and never had any issues... i know the guy i sold mine to about 2 months ago hasnt had any issues with it either and hes running 13psi through it.

id say there was something grossely wrong with it to begin with.

yeah maybe. mine would often gp to around 17PSI sometimes though...

either way. its happened now and im over why it happened and more into what i can do to fix my car.

im thinking of doing the RB25 conversion and keeping the RB20 timing case and making it look like a normal RB20.

Where in melb can i get an R33 halfcut? or working RB25?

hunt around...

check the forum for sales...

check with places like ICE...

or check with importers... is a costly avenue to run down and 5k wont get u there

For your money you would be better off Replacing the rb20 with a low km rb20 as and rebuild for under 5k - the managment is gonig to be a half ass job.

Depending on how much power you want i would spend the money on a fresh rb20, managment and intercooler maybe bigger turbo etc because if you don't want more than 180 - 200 rwkw relilably then you don't need forgies etc.

Possibly a wolf 3d microtech or a power fc and don't forget you will need a fuel pump if you want to run decent amount of boost.

OR

Do an rb25det conversion with standard etc

still say my idea of the SR20DET would be a better option... look at meggalas one.. that thing was mean and way cheaper than an RB25DET conversion plus u could have change for mods :cheers:

plus... its different.

still say my idea of the SR20DET would be a better option... look at meggalas one.. that thing was mean and way cheaper than an RB25DET conversion plus u could have change for mods :cheers:

plus... its different.

Have you seen the prices of SR20's atm its ridiclous rb25's are cheaper atm and not custom work needed.

thats just my opinion

Memph Check your private messages i gave you some info on local people who can help you out

cheers

u obviously didnt check that link in my post... 2200... RB25DET 3300

OHH UPI's prices nah i can get 25's cheaper than that but the sr is a nice price

anyway enough of whoring this thread

Id be tempted to throw a std RB20 back in, tow car to mechanics and $2500 later your car will be back on the road with a 3 month engine warranty.

Keep the rest if the 5K in your pocket, as ppl are starting to convince me that the std RB20 is good for 250rwkws, any higher power and the things start to get too laggy, built internals or not. So 250rwkw out of std RB20, or pistons and rebuild and have the strength to run bigger power but wont make the power at a very sane rpm

..... and please dont attempt to put an SR20 in your car UNLESS you have a workshop that will do a lot of stuffing around for free (unlikely) or you have the ability to do 80% of the work yourself, as i dont buy this its cheaper then RB20 theory

yeah good point... im sure meggala would be able to answer that as he got ICE to do his... he may have got a good rate on it... i do know he didnt do 80% of the work.

the upside to using an SR20 is it gives the car a better weight distribution... is lighter... u only have to pay for 4 injectors, 4 pistons etc etc if you wanna upgrade and parts are more readily available and cheaper than they are for the RB20

actually... memph - dont u have a mechanic mate that knows lots about imports out in croydon? cant he do most of the work for u cheap?

Amberley Auto

9793 1616

12-14 Amberley Crescent Dandenong

My RB25 is getting rebuilt with forged pistons and the such at the moment

Racepace wont build u an engine unless your planning on spending $10k+

Theyll just forward u to UPI

Also, budget more than $5k cos ull be spending close to $2k on labour alone...if u want a job well done