SAU Community

V35 Sedan On Oem Coupe Suspension

Hello, just wondering whether anyone has dropped their sedan using oem coupe suspension? I'm currently running 350z revised suspension front and rear and are contemplating obtaining coupe fronts to put the front camber into spec.

Thanks

MC

this is something that isn't that uncommon on G sedans in USA.. they call it a G/Z combo. They mainly do it to make the wheel arch gap similar front/back as even in stock form the gap between the rear guard and tyre is larger than the front.

I don't know anyone in Aust running this though.

I am running 350Z revised springs all round on my sedan and the front camber isn't that bad (about -1.2), but still out of spec.

I understood the G/Z combo is coupe suspension on the rear and the 350z suspension on the front.

The revised 350z and 2005+ Coupe have the same spring rate in the rear. In fact, G35 drivers have indicated it is the same spring. So effectively running the revised 350z is the same drop as the G/Z combo.

What I'm looking at is converting the my setup from a revised 350z setup to a 2005+ coupe setup by replacing the front springs with the coupe version. I cannot find a single picture of what it would look like or any feedback on anyone doing this.

Apologies.. the G/Z combo is coupe springs on the rear not the front.

However, there should be a difference between rear revised 350z springs and S2+ coupe (with 19in rays) springs. They have the same spring rate, but the 350Z springs should be shorter, so you should see a height difference by fitting uprated coupe springs on the rear vs revised 350z rear springs.

As for what it will look like.. put a jack under the front of your car and lift it about 12mm and have a look from the side.

Edited by sonicii

A few G coupe owners have purchased the 350z revised, complained that the rears didn't get any drop. In fact they mentioned they had the same spring markings 2 red, 1 purple and height for the 2005 350z and 2006 Coupe rears.

I've currently got a two finger width distance between front and rear guards and would expect I'd get 3 finger gap if I replace the fronts from a coupe. I curious to know what improvements that will do for the camber in the front.

Thanks

Yup, I agree that BC Coilovers are the way to go although they are around $1500 plus in NZ you need to get a $500 vehicle certification for this type of suspension modification.

Same story for adjustable camber arms.

If the coupe springs bring the camber back into spec, its a cheap solution at $100

I don't think I understand why you're considering this?

I've got the 350z suspension in mine and the extra camber actually helps a lot with aggressive cornering.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that extra camber helps cornering but grippier tyres do a better job. The excessive camber in the front is eating the inside of the tyres.

how much camber have you got? I have z springs on my sedan, and the last tyres I had on the front were KU36s which are known to be soft, yet still did 30,000km with about -1.2deg camber.

They should come close, otherwise, have you considered the superpro eccentric upper control arm bushes?, they claim to give +- 0.5deg camber adjustment

under $200

http://oziespares.com.au/25310-spf3297k.html

and if you remove the arms and take them to a shop, they shouldn't charge much more than $50 to press out the old ones. The superpro bushes don't need to be pressed in.

Coupe springs should come close though, I just don't know anyone that has done it.

I contacted the NZ distributor and their price was $294+GST when the Aus-NZ dollar was almost on parity. The cheapest I've seen is an Aussie outfit on trademe who have them for $260 + $16 freight. A Few car workshops were only interested if they did the whole job. Engineering outfits are more flexible and willing.

Can anyone comment on what tyre wearing results the superpro bushes gave them on a sedan with 350z suspension? 1/2 a degree improvement is still borderline on the camber alignment.