SAU Community

Correct Way To Wire Gauges R34 Gtt

re34perGTT

Hi all

Recently installed some new gauges on my GTT and saw there was nothing (that I could find) on wiring them up correctly so decided to make a little post to help anyone out in future

post-135000-0-01551900-1434970588_thumb.jpg

There's a pic of the stock wiring loom. The green/yellow is a 12v power line which you connect to so you don't blow any fuses in your lighter and the red wire with purple strip (third from the top) is your headlight switch.

Strangely I couldn't find a strong ground so I just hooked up a wire to this bolt which is visible once the A/C unit is removed

post-135000-0-51661700-1434970953_thumb.jpg

For the ignition wire I just spliced into my blue/white wire from my head unit but you can also do this with your ignition or lighter, I just found this the easiest to do

Lastly I SOLDERED and HEAT SHRINKED all the wires together and made sure not to do the old twist and tape that so many of us are guilty of. Alternatively you can crimp but as temp is relatively low under the dash board I don't think it matters what you do

Hope this helps and if anyone wants to know how to do the full install feel free to comment/pm me :)

• Like 2

Not sure about the wire colours, but here is the pinouts for the ign, illumination and ground feeds. Heaps easier than messing around with getting the ciggy lighter feeds, and earthing from the deck bolts, but top work for trying.

post-80854-0-08716400-1434991512_thumb.png

Edited by sleptema

That diagram sure does help! I just thought to write this up for anyone who isn't too good with wiring diagrams or multi meters that wanted to DIY install some gauges without all the hassle