SAU Community

Hypertune V2 Manifold

I'm contemplating dumping the stock intake / tb's on my build project (2.75L stroker, ported head, cams, BW 8374EFR) and going to single TB manifold setup for a number of reasons and would like to get your feedback input on the hypertune manifold

My search indicated that I will likely be at or around the power level that one would imagine a bigger manifold / tb swap will make more HP, but that's not all I'm after. For the same reason I went single turbo with internal wastegate...I like simplicity...I would like to stick with the plan.

The Hypertune V2, from my understanding offers:

1) lighter weight, less cluttered setup

2) Less possible leak points and easier tuning with my Haltech

3) higher flowing setup ultimately (ok arguably after the 450-500kw level)

4) the ability to perform the GT cooling mod straight off of the manifold bosses

Am I correct in the assumptions above?

Would you guys go with this setup and why / why not? What other options are there?

I did search, didn't find much on the V2 anywhere. Also not sure about the 12/6 injector setups so I emailed them and am awaiting response.

Thanks!

Patrick

I've brought one second hand for my new motor that's getting built, I didn't want to run the 12 injectors so I plugged the holes up with a grub screw, and faced the runners down so you can't see them from the top, I'm no mechanic so I can't help you with the rest sorry but here's what it look like

post-134876-14376191660829_thumb.jpg

Ahh thanks for the repy...but V2 replaces the complete setup back to the cylinder head including the coolant manifold.

Again this is part of the confusion with what models they offer.

I received clarification from Pete at Hypertune and figured I would pass on the knowledge to all.

The original hypertune manifold is pictured above by Rbdirty30. Removes the factory individual TBs and replaces from there up. Keeps the factory coolant / injector plate between manifold and head.

The new V2 manifold goes all the way up to the head. It replaces all of the parts including the TBs, coolant /injector plate. They are ALL machined as if 12 injectors would be installed, but if you order the 6 injector model the final injector holes are not drilled and you will not receive the additional fuel rail. You can upgrade to 12 later simply by drilling the holes and ordering the additional fuel rail. I do believe they offer 90 and 105mm TB as options. The kit includes fittings for fuel, coolant and air bleed, as well as adapter kit for TPS and IAC.

I am definitely going with the V2 on my setup.

I have attached pictures of the 12 injector setup that they sent me. The 6 just removes one fuel rail.

post-136202-0-00703200-1437662004_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-14002800-1437662015_thumb.jpg

post-136202-0-13555800-1437662023_thumb.jpg

I know someone with one and they are a absolute work of art, very nicely made.

I did discuss getting one with a workshop that deals with Hypertune and they recommended me the 90mm over the 105 to help control idle, they were saying the 105 were a little too hard to get right for a street strip combo from their experience, with 105 being fine on a dedicated drag car.

Having said all that (after being offered one for cost price as they are mates of ours) we are staying with a genuine Greedy one with ITB's, no issues with them at power levels and well over what you are chasing.

What i would be more concerned with is running EGT probes in each exhaust port to ensure no leaning out of 5 and 6 regardless of the intake manifold being used.

450-500Kw level is no where near beyond a stock manifold, people get away from the stocky to help minimize leaning 5 and 6 with better intake flow distribution.

Can't go wrong with the V2, if u can afford it why not.

I just wish I had mine painted black

They asked what colors I wanted. I went with clear anodizing on the runners and plenum, with purple rails and purple accessories on TB.

I'm curious, why black?

I was thinking anything other than anodizing would reduce how sexxxy the welds are since powdercoating is a bit thicker!? Is is hard to keep clean?

I think it came down to aesthetics this time...I was having a hard time thinking of redoing all of the TB seals, etc. and after getting the engine primarily together I started thinking of how "out of place" a stock manifold would look on this engine. The hypertune will greatly increase if nothing else, simplicity and that "race car" look...and it doesn't hurt that it's pretty much full-tilt-racecar parts.

post-136202-0-71236700-1437811075_thumb.jpg

Why black?

Doesn't draw to much attention if u get pulled over by the cops.

In Brisbane they will book us for any modifications that aren't stock, so it's best to keep it stock looking at possible. But to late now for me ?

post-16832-0-41524200-1437870293_thumb.jpg

He's in merca...

The Louisiana cops are more likely to book him for street racing when parked in a Wal-Mart car park (because he drives a skyline- the rare and mysterious street terrorising import) then receiving a defect sticker.

In my opinion, you will see some top end gains with the hypertune manifold... but most outweigh the cost v's the benefit in performance. If it's for the looks, weeellll- shure why not.

J.

Wow...no clue how I didn't notice this, but the main coolant OUTLET for the engine is located on the intake manifold. DUH. Your setup looks super easy (retaining that part that you took at all that time to port) for maintaining coolant outlet lines, but the Hypertune V2 Has AN fittings on bottom and top for coolant outlets. I now know that i'll have to build a manifold to collect the heater return, turbo water outlet, and the lower 4 AN fittings and make a hose connection to the radiator in addition to adding a swirl pot for the top 3 AN fittings. IMO the Hypertune should come with that for the money. Good news is, it has the GT cooling mod built in as the AN fittings are at the top point vs factory (where it turns down, thus creating a pocket), but I'm sure I could have had some fittings welded up to do the same if needed.

Anyway, figured this applied to this conversation in the event that anyone was looking at doing it.

Why black?

Doesn't draw to much attention if u get pulled over by the cops.

In Brisbane they will book us for any modifications that aren't stock, so it's best to keep it stock looking at possible. But to late now for me

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Do you have any pictures of how you routed the coolant back to the radiator?

Very nice manifold

But I know of a gtr in sydney making 680kw stock plenum lol

Oh and I agree with this.

If you think about it, with the high pressure that is required to run 680kw, the runner diameter and flow starts to be less important. That is if you can keep from blowing the TB seals and manifold gaskets out of it. But on something like I'm building (street car with relatively low boost pressure and high rpm flow) the plenum and runner volume become more important at high rpms where the turbo starts to fall off of boost.