SAU Community

Turbo options for 240rwkw RB24DET?

I'll be getting my car within the next few weeks. its got an rb24det with hks ecu, kkk k27 turbo, trust gate and manifold, rb26 style plenum, injectors, etc etc.

i have been thinking the k27 turbo will be too big, anyone had experiance with one of these on an rb20/25?

anyways i was thinking i'd down grade it and chuck on something abit more responsive. what sort of turbo choice would i be looking at if i still wanted to make approx. 240-250rwkw? can a 2530 make this sort of power? what about a 2835? t517z? etc.

i think the biggest concern will be finding somebody who can tune the HKS ecu (fcon?). You probably are best going for another ECU that can be tuned readily by a local workshop.

kkk turbos meant to be alright... quite popular in japan.. give it a try first!

2835 would be sweet, if you want to ditch the manifold you could go an internally gated GT-RS turbo. you will make easy 240rwkw with that. im looking into getting one of these for my internally stock RB20, and it makes over 220rwkw with the 2530. im hoping the GTRS will bring it up closer to 250rwkw.

the GTRS is still in HKS 25 series of turbos, is rated at 400ps like the 2835, but is said to respond more like a 2530. from all the articles i have been reading it is a very impressive package. only problem is they only just released it in T3 form (a bolt on for RB20/25 manifold) so it looks like the only way to get one is brand new... not many second hand bargains about.

gtrs would be the go if your after quick responce.. but being 2.4 that wouldnt be a worry at all! you mite regret choosing a smaller turbo later once you get use to the power.. keep boost down to start with and wind her up when ya ready..

as denzo would say dont be weak

yea mabye ur right, but i really hate laggy turbos :headspin:

but i'm definately going to change ecu, unless the HKS one runs awsome once i've put it all back on (i'll have to remove it all for a week or two for the rego inspection, so hopefully it doesnt loose its maps?)

what about getting another manifold and a second hand t28 gt-rs? probably budget 2.5k for a turbo swap as i'll sell the k27, manifold and gate.

so a new hks turbo is totally out of the question!

forum member Grepin has a 2835ProsS internal gate turbo on his RB25. It makes around 265rkwk at 1.2 bar of boost

I have been in his car, and it is very responsive and not much laggier than a stock turbo