SAU Community

Exedy hyper single plate clutch

snake

Has anybody tried this type of clutch? I was looking at geting a twin plate but then stumbled onto an advertisement for one of these. Twin plates are fairly expensive and i was hoping to pick one up second hand, however i havent found one yet. I did a search but couldnt find anything on this particular clutch. Any comments?

I have a super heavy duty Exedy single plate mated to an Ogura light weight flywheel.

It's great. Heaps of grip, progressive in its release and doesn't shudder or do anything anti-social.

Fulcrum point is slightly modified also, so there not much difference in pedal feel, it's just a bit heavier.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a super heavy duty Exedy single plate mated to an Ogura light weight flywheel.

It's great.  Heaps of grip, progressive in its release and doesn't shudder or do anything anti-social.

Fulcrum point is slightly modified also, so there not much difference in pedal feel, it's just a bit heavier.

bass junky

whered u buy this clutch from?

My clutch is just about totally gone and im shopping around for a single plater

Guest two.06l
bass junky

whered u buy this clutch from?

My clutch is just about totally gone and im shopping around for a single plater

mate do yourself a favor and call jim berry race clutch at stones corner in qld.he builds the best single plate clutches in the business.he modifys the exedy pressure plate and also modifys a nismo clutch plate to suit. these clutches are not just slapped together but all spring tensions are correctly measured for even clampage.we have done over 20 drag runs on one of these clutches(7200rpm dumps and 8700rpm changes)and still doesnt look like slipping.so user friendly can cruise to the shops for the milk and bread and sit in peak hour traffic.i think you can get his number from directory by asking for italia spares stones corner QLD.good luck with your selection..Paul... DIRTgarage.