SAU Community

Hks Turbo Elbow Question

Hello

I have a change to get a working HKS 2535 for about 420 dollars. It is missing the water, oil lines, and turbo elbow for the intercooler pipe connection.

Will a rb20 or 25 turbo elbow work? I will maybe buy the turbo if I don't need the HKS elbow. Wont buy it if I need it. Reason I am asking is because I saw before on HKS's website that for the GTRS, the kit comes with the elbow and other pieces. I cannot find anything on the HKS site about the 2535, probably too old.

Its not hard to make one. A flange, a bend, weld together.

Don't know anything about how to make a elbow, neither does anyone I know. If its too much trouble I will skip it. The Hypergears aren't that much more expensive.

Ok I took a look at the picture of a HKS 2535 elbow and there is not any flange on it.

So all need is a silicon hose bend. Like any other different turbo

Would probably work good enough, just cause its not a GTX doesnt mean its shit... i've seen a HKS2540 on a RB25, which everyone says is shit, but it felt similar to my GT3076, alot is to do with the whole setup too, suspension etc..

Edited by AngryRB

Would probably work good enough, just cause its not a GTX doesnt mean its shit... i've seen a HKS2540 on a RB25, which everyone says is shit, but it felt similar to my GT3076, alot is to do with the whole setup too, suspension etc..

Gotta agree with you on this one. I test drove a r33 with a hks 2540 when I was car shopping and it hauled some arse. I couldn't believe this was the same turbo everyone rubbishes. On an sr20 though its a pile of shit. I think this is where the bad rep comes from.