SAU Community

Hks 2535 And Newer Turbo's Question

Hello

I have a chance to buy a working HKS 2535, I will have to have a elbow made for it and buy the oil and waterlines.

I was saving up money before this to get a Hypergear High flow, or a turbo from Sonic Performance for my car.

At this point, I want about 300-350hp for the car. I want to see what its like to drive with that before I try to get higher horse power.

I have a stock rb 20 det engine with a rb25 turbo, fmic, full 3" exaust from the turbo back, exhaust after the sports cat is 4 or 5 in., pod filter, and a mines tune. I have stock injectors.

I have some GTR injectors now and have a chance to get the resistor pack for it or I might just buy the correct injectors for the car and not worry about wiring up the gtr injectors. Going at least 550cc if I dont use the gtr injectors.

I know I will need a tune when I change turbos and add the injectors.

Is the HKS still a good choice for the rb20? Or are the newer Hypergear 25turbo hi flows and some of the Sonic performance turbos better?

I already asked about turbos before but I never considered a HKS 2535 or 2530. I spent hours last night reading up on old posts about the HKS turbos and the rb 20. Question is not if they are good turbos or not, question is if they are still worth putting on a car today with all of the newer turbos available today.

Edited by yoshiii335

Been there done that, dinosaur turbo I used back in 2007.

Billet people, billet people!

Ok billet, I read about those.

The only billet turbos I can find for the rb20 are from Sonic Performance, The GTX turbos by Garrett.

The Hypergear Hi Flows seems to be non billet.

It doesn't need billet material for better power making. It is more to do with the shape, radious and profile of the actual blades. The New SAT cast wheels worked well in terms of high flowin. The Billet wheels are best working with externally gated setups.