SAU Community

GTR Diff Centre Widths - 32 vs 33 etc?

Hello guys,

I have had an ongoing saga trying to fit a GTR centre into my R200 housing in S13. I have purchased a used Nismo Gt Pro, to suit 32 gtr, and went to fit to my R200 housing. I went with GTR centre due to swapping to 32 GTR 6x1 CV shafts etc on the Silvia. It didn't fit in the housing, so I bought a 32 GTR complete diff (non active diff) and tried that. The Nismo centre still doesn't fit in either my S13 housing, OR the 32 GTR housing. A comparison photo shows that the Nismo is approx 15mm wider than the stock mechanical GTR centre. I am wondering if anyone can identify what is going on?

Could the Nismo be from something else? Could it be to replace a 32 GTR active centre rather than mechanical and is that centre usually wider? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

13555720_10153526210212251_1879476930_o.jpg

Had a look at the Nismo list. They list the same LSD for the R32GTR, R33GTR R34GTR and all R34s. They do not list an LSD to replace the active diff (which is not to say they don't make one). Do you have a Nismo part number for the Nismo diff and how reliable is the fact that its a GTR LSD?

Thanks for looking that up. I will have to see if there is a part number on it anywhere, currently it's at a shop. The guy I bought it off said removed from 32 gtr, and it came with stub axles/half shafts which are 6x1, which makes it seem to be correct?

1 hour ago, IT15ON said:

Thanks for looking that up. I will have to see if there is a part number on it anywhere, currently it's at a shop. The guy I bought it off said removed from 32 gtr, and it came with stub axles/half shafts which are 6x1, which makes it seem to be correct?

Some Z32s have 6 x 1 axles and a wider diff head. (beaten to the punch)

Are all the z32s r230? Or could be an NA z32 r200 size?

My r200 crown wheel fits on it fine which is what made me think it's not an r230/z32?

25 minutes ago, IT15ON said:

Are all the z32s r230? Or could be an NA z32 r200 size?

My r200 crown wheel fits on it fine which is what made me think it's not an r230/z32?

No I think only the twin turbos had 230

I think we may be onto a winner here.  I'm not Mr Nissan, but I'm sure his engineers decided it would be easier to have the same diff housing and driveshafts on all the Z32s regardless of whether they had the big diff centre or not.  Hence you get a wide R200 centre.....

So now the OP probably needs to find a Z32 housing and possibly shorter driveshafts.