SAU Community

Tow bars

Sydneykid

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Sydneykid- you started the original thread years ago...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/To...l&hl=towbar

and a few others:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/To...l&hl=towbar

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4382443

The most common is a "max" (contact details in the 1st thread towards the end). It is rated to 2 tonne. Cost me approx $700 delivered + $150 installed, and it has towed my evo to interstate events without any drama's :P

Here's mine.

Cut to expose the rails then side in box section. Bolt thru into the box section for a solid fit.

1500kg braked.

Job was ok as they should have sealed the exposed metal better, will sort that later.

I'm in New Zealand, cost $299 installed with wiring. I removed the rear bumper which saved a lot in labour.

Rhys

post-61474-1241420100_thumb.jpg

post-61474-1241420157_thumb.jpg

post-61474-1241420500_thumb.jpg

1500kg tow bar on an M35??? thats very good!!

Yes more than enough for what I need.

I did have to mod the small plastic left and right trays where it shows the photo of the plate in the boot so they sit flat.

People love how neat it sits on the car. Just the tongue sticking out with no ugly bars hanging down.

My custom exhaust from turbo back is getting finished tomorrow so will post photos up later. Going for the 'Remus' look :P .

Rhys

Edited by StageaM35

it looks great!! im almost tempted to get one, wish they could ship that over to me lol i wonder if there is a local place that can fabricate them??

I'm thinking it would be handy to get one, too. Not so keen on hacking up my 260RS body kit for the tow ball though. I wonder if could hide the whole thing and just remove the lower 260RS add-on part of the rear bumper when I need to tow something..

it looks great!! im almost tempted to get one, wish they could ship that over to me lol

Yeah, thinking the same thing.

Any chance of finding out if it is possible Rhys?

And a price?

Group buy perhaps??

id be in on that too, doesnt look all THAT difficult to install. drill the rails and bolt in the frame..... do some wiring...... trim the bumper :(

I'll have a chat to the guy who did it and sort out a price. He has a special jig made up for the car so building them in bulk shouldn't be a problem.

Rhys

Just had a word with him.

$220 NZD for the towbar, no wiring/plug but can be supplied (It's about $20 for the plug and wiring but you guys could source that over there).

That's for an order of 5 towbars.

The more that are interested the better.

Shipping price I would have to get them to look into but the cost can be broken up between you guys.

Cheers,

Rhys

i think im in! even if i only use it once, being able to tow something would be awesome!

I think I'm in too.

So $240NZD inc wiring.

So what would shipping be?

Since most of the guys here are in Sydney, am I (we) looking at more for Melbourne?

shipping OS is shipping. i dont think the destination matters much. only the setup of his jig to make 5+ at once is worth his while.

anyway, Rhys if you dont mind looking into it, i believe you have 2 people already!

there are plenty of M35s on the forum also.

do you mind taking a picture of the outside of the car with the bumper on please, post-install?

and does your M35 have a standard rear bar or an Aero bar etc??

Yes more than enough for what I need.

I did have to mod the small plastic left and right trays where it shows the photo of the plate in the boot so they sit flat.

People love how neat it sits on the car. Just the tongue sticking out with no ugly bars hanging down.

My custom exhaust from turbo back is getting finished tomorrow so will post photos up later. Going for the 'Remus' look :P .

Rhys

Yeah that looks good mate, more photos thanks, with bumper back on etc. Where abouts in NZ? Saw a silver one at hamilton nissan dealer recently that had tow bar, only time in nz so far. Also what have you done with original exhaust, i see you have the twin exit pipes on final muffler. My 250RS came with the big bore look but quiet end pipe, not a fan of that look and doesnt really suit it etc. Would like that twin pipe end mufflar.