SAU Community

Tow bars

Sydneykid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shopping Trolley I'm in Christchurch and the muffler in my first photo was the stock one. The muffler in the new photos is part of the 3" custom exhaust system from turbo back. Bit loud and drones too much so will get a mid muffler put in to knock it right back. We weren't too sure how it would sound so started with a couple of rez and a rear muffler.

My M35 is just the standard kit. You should be able to see if there would be any problem from the photo's if you have an aero kit.

No photos when I took the rear bumper off but all that is there is the rear impact beam in place of the towbar.

$240NZD including wiring to hook up to your car just like the photo's. It doesn't include any tricky plugs that connects to the factory lighting of the cars rear lights, just the plug you see with the cable so if you want you can source the plug over there. It's a standard Narva trailer plug.

So shipping to Sydney? I can get a price sorted, just need to know how many are interested for size and weight etc?

Rhys

post-61474-1241503788_thumb.jpg

post-61474-1241503868_thumb.jpg

post-61474-1241503947_thumb.jpg

post-61474-1241504422_thumb.jpg

Edited by StageaM35

that is a tidy install!!

me likey a lot. so put me down for one thanks, shipped to sydney.

PS nice exhaust

Will post a new thread with photos of the exhaust on the car. Still needs tweaking to suit my taste for exhaust note :) .

Went for a 'Remus' look :D .

I'm in too - providing these are legal. Does anyone know anything about certification of tow bars? I'm guessing the standard they are made under will be pretty similar.

Count me in anyway...also in Adelaide. :)

LOCAL UPDATE

There is a company in Leichardt, Sydney (Fast Fit) that has engineered a tow bar to fit the M35.

It is not a heavy duty tow bar and is rated about 1000kg (the women I spoke to was not 100% sure this was the right rating so I suspect it will be 1250kg as this is the rating of most normal towbars).

It is concealed behind the bumper and has a straight tongue. (sounds like the one from NZ)

Price quoted. $490 including fitting and wiring.

I think I will go with the local option.

Cheers

Andy

PS. Thanks for all the info Rhys

Edited by andy65b

Rhys, what's the weight rating...looks like a neat setup....well done.

It's rated at 1500 kgs braked. They guy informed me that 'all our towbars are welded & manufactured by certified welders (NZ4711) and designed in accordance with manufacturers specifications'.

The towbar is painted not powder coated. The paint is satin black.

From the first photos I posted up you can see they design their towbars very well. They lap metal over main bar then weld it back onto the box section all around the top, back, sides and bottom. The tongue is lapped behined the main bar and welded around. Very strong.

Rhys

Edited by StageaM35

LOCAL UPDATE

There is a company in Leichardt, Sydney (Fast Fit) that has engineered a tow bar to fit the M35.

It is not a heavy duty tow bar and is rated about 1000kg (the women I spoke to was not 100% sure this was the right rating so I suspect it will be 1250kg as this is the rating of most normal towbars).

It is concealed behind the bumper and has a straight tongue. (sounds like the one from NZ)

I have this bar fitted to my m35, Alex at Nagoya threw it in to sweeten the deal when I bought. It is a very simple setup, but just bolts thru the boot floor in the tyre well with some plates. Definitely not heavy duty, have been using without issue so far, but the unzud towbar is a much better proposition, imo.

LOCAL UPDATE

I think I will go with the local option.

Cheers

Andy

PS. Thanks for all the info Rhys

HEY ANDY,

any chance of pm me whith the details in leichhardt

cheers

damo

• 4 weeks later...
HEY ANDY,

any chance of pm me whith the details in leichhardt

cheers

damo

I got a chance to have a look at the tow bar from Fast Fit in Leichardt on Saturday.

The bar mounts across the back of the car inside the rear bumper and has a tongue that also mounts into the wheel well. So it has 3 key mounting points. Either side on the rails and into the wheel well. The only part you will see is the tongue that comes out through the rear bumper.

The work shop looked very good and the people very helpful. I will post some pics once installed this week.

Cheers

Andy

I got a chance to have a look at the tow bar from Fast Fit in Leichardt on Saturday.

The bar mounts across the back of the car inside the rear bumper and has a tongue that also mounts into the wheel well. So it has 3 key mounting points. Either side on the rails and into the wheel well. The only part you will see is the tongue that comes out through the rear bumper.

The work shop looked very good and the people very helpful. I will post some pics once installed this week.

Cheers

Andy

Did you get the load rating clarified?