SAU Community

R34 25gt Hesitation issue

15 minutes ago, er34gtv said:

Try a new set of coilpacks and spark plugs and see how you go, they were the first things to die on me when i imported my 34 from japan at around 88,000kms. I bought yellow jacket coil packs and NGK iridium plugs to fix the issue.

I'll give it a crack mate

54 minutes ago, er34gtv said:

Try a new set of coilpacks and spark plugs and see how you go, they were the first things to die on me when i imported my 34 from japan at around 88,000kms. I bought yellow jacket coil packs and NGK iridium plugs to fix the issue.

So did you have a similar issue to me?

18 minutes ago, Giaccovitch said:

Coilovers sorry mate

OK then but still coils are expensive so I would take them out, give them a good clean and try insulating them with tape or a spray and fit new plugs.

Had a problem with the coilpacks and/or plugs in mine. Was causing the car to missfire and jolt/hessitate while under acceleration, cruising and at idle. It felt like i was loosing power and over time it gradually got worse and worse until it got to the point i could barely drive up a hill. Replaced everything and havent had a problem since. Where are you located?

10 hours ago, er34gtv said:

Had a problem with the coilpacks and/or plugs in mine. Was causing the car to missfire and jolt/hessitate while under acceleration, cruising and at idle. It felt like i was loosing power and over time it gradually got worse and worse until it got to the point i could barely drive up a hill. Replaced everything and havent had a problem since. Where are you located?

I'm in the northern suburbs in melbourne, I have no problems with the car accelerating or at idle, it's just trying to maintain a certain speed and sometimes when it neutral if I try to hold at a certain revs it jumps up and down a little. The coils/sparks have never been changed on the car so I'll give it a crack anyway, got coils coming in the next week or two

• 1 year later...