SAU Community

RB20/25 Turbo Upgrade

smokem31

RB20/25 Turbo Upgrade

Hi Guys,

I have a HR31 coupe with the standard NICS rb20 redtop. I've been looking into alternative turbo upgrades since blowing up my rb25 turbo I had installed on the car.

I was going to get hypergear to build me one then came across this on ebay....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SALE-KINUGAWA-BOLT-ON-TURBO-LINE-KIT-FOR-NISSAN-R32-R33-GTST-RB20-RB25-/201669098963?hash=item2ef46a3dd3:g:1QYAAOSwknJX1jHE

I know kinugawa turbos are quite popular and people get great results for the price, but I've never seen one with the OEM intake housing...

Anyone have any info no these, or know what's rebuilt, hiflowed etc. I've tried to contact the seller without success.

Cheers

Got on on my 20.

No torque until 3500 rpm at best, on the actuator without boost controller it get 0.9b/14psi a little under 4000rpm. Not a turbo i qualify as street fun but it gets the job done on track. No boost creep/taper.

Only the compressor cover is coming from Nissan I think, the rest is kinugawa.

The compressor is a MHI 20g (same as a td06-20g) and the turbine is a garrett stage 3 (like a GTW3476). The turbine housing I couldn't say its size but it's pretty big and offer a late/slow spooling turbo.

Running a He341 (HY35) Holset on my RB20, fair bit of lag but full boost by 4500-5000rpm with a slow taper starting at like 2500rpm 1 psi. Peak efficiency something like 27psi, indestructible for the most part. The RB20 really doesn't do much with the boost it makes below 4000rpm, a bit of a pig either way.