SAU Community

Car won't go into gear when running?

Car won't go into gear when running?

So car was working fine when I parked it all gears worked fine, parked it for about a month, tried to drive it today and none of the gears will go in unless you push real hard and when you do they grind... Also when you push down the clutch all the way it takes like 10 seconds to go back up... So Im guessing the clutch is not being released so I checked the clutch reservoir and it was empty and there was a tiny leak from the hose which connects to where the clutch is. So I topped up the clutch fluid and it still doesnt work. Could anyone tell me how to fix this I will greatly appreciate it

Just now, admS15 said:

You need to replace the hose with the hole in it and then bleed the clutch and all will be well. Google how to bleed clutch for instructions.

Yeah I got a decent guide on how to bleed it. Ok thanks alot mate I will come back if it still doenst work

1 hour ago, admS15 said:

You need to replace the hose with the hole in it and then bleed the clutch and all will be well. Google how to bleed clutch for instructions.

Is this the hose I pull off to bleed the clutch?  15271245_1526991027314830_1842666427_o.jpg?oh=9862daeb05aefcad057d6acafa1bf8a1&oe=584005CE

11 minutes ago, admS15 said:

If that is the one with the hole in it, you need to change it with a new or 2nd hand good one. You then bleed it from the nipple above the hose in your pic.

So i replaced that hose but Im having trouble finding a clutch bleed tutorial for the r32.

Currently im using this method : 

So do i follow that method using the nipple you told me?

Here is the tutorial for bleeding the slave cylinder.

Also what I did was pulled the slave off the trans. cracked the bleeder and pushed the plunger all the way in, hold all the way in and then close bleeder and plunger will slowly return back...did that a couple times and never had an issue since.

Edited by Ed.williams5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed.williams5 said:

Here is the tutorial for bleeding the slave cylinder.

Also what I did was pulled the slave off the trans. cracked the bleeder and pushed the plunger all the way in, hold all the way in and then close bleeder and plunger will slowly return back...did that a couple times and never had an issue since.

I have a question, so in the guide it says "the bleed must be done at every hose connection" so where are the other connections other than the the nipple on the cylinder?

Also does anyone know where to buy that hose I pulled off? Went to two repcos and an enzed and they all didnt have it