SAU Community

GREX sump for R33 GTR

Hi guys and gals..... I am preparing my GTR for circuit racing and need to replace my sump with one with a larger oil capacity and better baffled. I came across one manufactured by GREX at NENGUN performance parts (nengun.com) but no details such as the sump's oil capacity and whether it sits lower than the original sump.

Does anyone out there have any info or can refer me to someone who does?

:)

Hi guys and gals..... I am preparing my GTR for circuit racing and need to replace my sump with one with a larger oil capacity and better baffled. I came across one manufactured by GREX at NENGUN performance parts (nengun.com) but no details such as the sump's oil capacity and whether it sits lower than the original sump.

Does anyone out there have any info or can refer me to someone who does?

:)

Hi.

The TRUST / GREX sump does hang lower. According to an engineer mate of mine who does a lot of V8 Supercar work, you cannot go past the Jun sump kit (baffle kit) for light circuit racing.

Good luck.

Powerplay in Sydney got hold of the Trust Sump kit for my race car, it includes a sump extension you weld in, a new oil pickup and some additional baffles.

I thought it was 8l not 10l though, the 10l might have included an oil cooler?

Merli has also just fitted the Trust extension kit. It seems like a great option when compared to the price of the baffle only kit from Jun and Tomei. Increased oil capacity, baffles and modified pickup.

Nengun and Greeline can supply these, alternatively if you want to buy from a local store im sure Advan in silverwater has them in stock

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up a reasonably dead thread but has neone actually used one of these kits on the track and to what degree of success was experienced, i just purchased one of these kits (the grex) and it is waiting to be installed on the car. Its the kit with extension oil pickup and extra baffles, is this kit sufficient to eliminate the common oil starvation problems GTRs face when at the track when used in combination with a good quality oil cooler.

Cheers

John

haha yes, race car has done a heap of track days over 12 months. It seems to be a well designed kit, and no doubt just the extra capacity on its own is a help.

We also run restrictors in the oil feed to the head, and I have heard of people using baffles or foam in the head as well.

Yes the R31 N1 has an oil cooler although no filter relocation kit, so total oil capacity is up another litre or so, up to about 8 litres from memory