SAU Community

Repair Damaged Ignition SII R33 Auto No Keys

Hi

Was looking at bidding on an SII auto R33 GTST.

But it's a stolen recovery which has no keys available and the ignition barrel is damaged.

Question 1: How do you get the car out of park to roll it off a tow truck?

Question 2: How expensive is this to source parts and fix including sourcing a new key?

Just weighing up if it's worth the hassle.

He is a member here...from the Gong.  I recently gave him a heap of spare bits and pieces I CBF'ed offloading.  In the load was an ignition and key for an automatic....not sure what year.

I have sent him a PM.

Did have his mobile number but I must have deleted it...sorry.

Nooooo . . . the Gumtree one is from a manual !

Take the plastic surrounds off the steering column, remove the ancillaries around the column so you can get access to the to security bolts that hold the ignition lock onto the column shaft on the left hand side. Then with a center punch and a small hammer you'll have unwind the screws by taping them until they loosen up. Its a time consuming and difficult job to get them started. Alternatively you can drill them out but this can be messy but in your case it wont matter as the locks stuffed anyway.    

He is a member here...from the Gong.  I recently gave him a heap of spare bits and pieces I CBF'ed offloading.  In the load was an ignition and key for an automatic....not sure what year.
I have sent him a PM.
Did have his mobile number but I must have deleted it...sorry.

Thanks have touched base with him, cheers!

My mechanic has just advised that sometimes if the ignition is damaged you might need to replace the module also which can cost $$$.
Anyone had this problem or know what it costs or how hard to source parts?

• 2 weeks later...