SAU Community

HELP !!!! R34

Hey guys I need some help , 

I left my car at home today and my dogs decided to have a crack at re wiering I'm not sure what they chewed or how I can fix it any advice would really help 

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

• Like 1

Looks like all the hicas wiring. Now that's a fantastic reason to get rid of it altogether.

Your going to have to match all those wires up and join them back together properly. Otherwise the hicas computer isn't going to be happy.

Those dogs are going to need a good talking to as well...

• Like 1

Can I take out the fuse or something so the wires don't short out the car and then wait till I can get it to an auto Elec ? Or Is it best to leave it . The dogs ......... I'm over it love them but just constantly ruining my life 

5 minutes ago, admS15 said:

Looks like all the hicas wiring. Now that's a fantastic reason to get rid of it altogether.

Your going to have to match all those wires up and join them back together properly. Otherwise the hicas computer isn't going to be happy.

Those dogs are going to need a good talking to as well...

Can I take out the fuse or something so the wires don't short out the car and then wait till I can get it to an auto Elec ? Or Is it best to leave it . The dogs ......... I'm over it love them but just constantly ruining my life 

Agreed, looks like all HICAS stuff - you'll have a light on your cluster and steering may get heavy like no power steering, but should otherwise be fine. As has been said, if you're not confident, just tape them all separately and take it to an auto sparky, otherwise just re-join the colours.

1 hour ago, oweban said:

Agreed, looks like all HICAS stuff - you'll have a light on your cluster and steering may get heavy like no power steering, but should otherwise be fine. As has been said, if you're not confident, just tape them all separately and take it to an auto sparky, otherwise just re-join the colours.

I've done that now but I've got my abs hicas traction control and slip light all on when I turned the car on thoughts ? 

Hmm, I don't have an R34 so I have none of those things ;P

So idling is fine? 

Personally I'd be just stripping and re-joining the wires with where they should go (can match colours, doesn't look like there's any that are doubling up) - but I'm pretty handy with a soldering iron :)

I think the r34 has abs sensors where the shafts go into the diff. The wiring to those has most probably been chewed, that would set off the abs/slip lights. You can still drive it to the auto elec.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, admS15 said:

I think the r34 has abs sensors where the shafts go into the diff. The wiring to those has most probably been chewed, that would set off the abs/slip lights. You can still drive it to the auto elec.

+1 spot on. Definitely drivable just no HICAS, ABS or traction control.

Dogs...