SAU Community

R33 randomly dies

18 minutes ago, -Jimmy- said:

Yeah okay interesting. Well update this thread if any other issues arise. Hopefully it's fixed though.

I’d love to say yes, but I have another issue where its losing power and then kicks back in, am trying another afm and seeing how it goes. :) 

That's the issue I'm trying to chase which is why I posted in this topic to begin with. It's an S2 R33 RB25DET that is cutting out and coming back and then cutting out again, stalling etc. Sometimes is okay for a day, then it will be bad the next day and won't even drive 100m.

We've tried AFM already with a refurbished one. I thought it had to be this but it still has the problem. I'm not sure how much I trust the refurbished units so I've sourced another AFM which is apparently a good one but not refurbished so we'll see how that goes.

It could be so many different things. >_<

I’m not the only one hahaha! The next thing I’m checking is fuel pump seeing as my regulator was screwed, I’m hoping it’s my fuel pump, I have new 02 sensor and TPS sensor in it

How did you know the regulator was screwed? Where is that located and what did you do to fix it? Would that have killed the pump do you think?

I’ll send you some pics where it is. I also had my mechanic do some tests and it didn’t get pressure at all, I’ll ask him what tests and crap he did. Also I was reading on another thread on here that some people have dyno’d there car to check fuel to air ratio and have found the problem to be fuel pump. I’ll link ya to it, also has a bunch of things you can try

Sorry I know where the regulator is, I shouldn't have asked that haha. So you think your factory one was faulty and that caused to pump to fail, or at least you hope that is what the problem is?

When the fuel pump in my 32 was nearing the end of it's life I also discovered that on a dyno, however there were never any signs of it failing.

All good man, hahah, I believe the mechanics told me before I got my regulator replaced that my fuel pump was fine and it was working, but I dunno as it’s showing signs that I’ve read about when it’s either dying or dead, so am going to replace that next week. Replaced afm tonight and took it out for a spin, felt more responsive and held revs a lot better, however I start my car 6:40 in the morning so will have to test that on the weekend to see if it’s made a difference, will let you know

• 4 weeks later...