SAU Community

a way for active tests with consult interface ?

Thegame1594

hi i want to ask if there is some way to read voltages and  do active tests like in the workshop manual described.

Because we as normal user dont have the software or the hardware to do such things.

Is there a way with another software that someone created or alternative devices for such things ?

If it just works with oem nissan devices only it is ok too. i have found some oem devices for selling. 

But can i use the oem software like consult 3+ ?

and do i need some licenses ?

you can pm me if you know something would be nice to know.

i have already a  bluetooth consult device but it just scans for errors and shows rpm speed and such things.

Edited by Thegame1594

NissDataScan has been around for a long time and is the best thing for hooking up to Consult ECUs (other than proper scan tools & Consult handsets).  I've never paid much attention to it, because I have a Nistune'd ECU (which I will get to later), so I don't know if it has any active test capability.  I would hazard a guess that it does not have any active capability, because that's a brave step to take for a 3rd party developer.  Reverse engineering the data stream coming out of an ECU is one thing, and non-destructive, but attempting to inject commands to make the ECU do things is a whole 'nother level of risk.

I'm pretty sure that even the pro-grade scan tools like my bro-in-law's Snap-On device don't do much in the way of active tests.  They just read signals and reset DTCs.

If you put a Nistune board into an OEM ECU, then it provides you with all the diagnostics you could ever want, including some active test stuff, like stopping a single injector.

• Thanks 1