SAU Community

RB25DET in MR2

No possible way known. The MR2 is a mid mounted 1.6 with its own drive lines gear box etc etc. The RB25 is a straight 6 with a North south displacement that is designed to sit down the front. You would need about 5k in just suspension mods alone to keep the car at a driveable hieght after fitting such a heavy engine. I think you would have about as much chance of doing this as taking over the world!

3SGTEUs or whatever they are called are a good engine. Apparantly if you want to build a tough example then the one sourced from a late model Celica GT4 is the way to go.

They are still going cheap, im amazed mroe ppl arent trying to bring them in under 15yr rule...perhaps there arent many good examples gettign around?!?!?!

The old 4AGZE is actually a really good motor, ports are good sized for boost induced power - the bottom end is very very strong, and the ECU and injectors are reasonable overrated for stock. Get a supercharged one, a semi decent intercooler, a turbo (EVO TD05's work real well I've heard) and an aftermarket ECU and you'd get a light car without the hassle of an engine transplant etc and over 300hp. I know plenty of people who have done it, with excellent results..

I also know a guy with an AW11 MR2 ( the early shape I assume you are talking about) with a 3SGTE from a late model 2l turbo MR2, it is happily a 12s car.

Anyway, this is a Nissan orientated forum so I should shut up now :rofl:

the 3sgte motor can handle allot we have a 700bhp example and it runs 10s all day they are good motors for the money

K

Funny i have heard quite the opposite, about how they chuck there toys at around 400BHP>? Quite a few caldinas GTT's etc putting rods out the side of the block all on a relatively stock 3SGTE- And after looking around abit its actually really common.