SAU Community

How to delete MAF?

Hi guys,

Currently my R33 is running a blow thru z32 airflow meter in the cooler piping. Unfortunately this has damaged the sensor even though it is in a alloy housing. 

My car is running a PowerFC. Are my only options a link g4+ or Haltech Elite? Running these options are going to cost at least $3k with sensors/tuning. 

Turbo has a 4" inlet and tuner said is not possible to tune correctly due to the resolution or something along those lines. 

This is my second sensor and its getting to be a bit of a joke. 

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Replace with R35 blade style AFM and build a cal curve for it in the PFC. It's doable, it's been done before.

Do you put the r35 one in the cooler piping or before the turbo? My tuner said due to turbocharger having 4" inlet on the intake housing it won't work due to resolution. Does this sound right? 

It can work in a 4" inlet, but you do lose resolution (you gain massive range on the flipside). But it can be troublesome to tune.

It is best put in the cooler pipe, after the cooler. Hot side is no good. Too hot.

11 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

It can work in a 4" inlet, but you do lose resolution (you gain massive range on the flipside). But it can be troublesome to tune.

It is best put in the cooler pipe, after the cooler. Hot side is no good. Too hot.

R35 gtr sensor isn't designed to be used in cooler piping though? Is there any other options to delete MAF without spending big $ on a car worth 10k?

3 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

What makes you say that it's not designed to work in the cooler pipe? They work perfectly well there. They are massively robust (physically) compared to the old style ones (like Z32 etc).

Because in the r35 gtr they are used in the turbo inlet so are not under pressure from boost. 

Am I able to delete the MAF using a Haltech Platinum Pro or Link G4+? What'd be the cheapest ecu to get rid of it with?

I for one, would never have considered putting a Z32 into the cooler piping. I wouldn't hesitate to do it to do it with a blade style AFM.

You can delete the AFM with any half decent aftermarket ECU and a MAP sensor.

On 5/29/2019 at 6:13 AM, GTSBoy said:

I for one, would never have considered putting a Z32 into the cooler piping. I wouldn't hesitate to do it to do it with a blade style AFM.

You can delete the AFM with any half decent aftermarket ECU and a MAP sensor.

What do you know is the cheapest ecu that can delete the maf sensor which works well with rb25?

[emoji6][emoji16][emoji106]

Please view this ad:

Rb wolf ecu,

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/traralgon/engine-engine-parts-transmission/rb-wolf-ecu/1219707349?utm_source=com.google.android.apps.docs&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

https://tinyurl.com/n4b7djy

Best to get a new expensive tech and make it a 13k car instead though.

Also you can use both i believe on a crossover so at a certain load level or pressure level the map takes over from the maf alowing maf to be res king at low throttle and map to res load like a champ.

8 hours ago, Blakeo said:

What do you know is the cheapest ecu that can delete the maf sensor which works well with rb25?

A Link ecu nowadays is over $2k

An R35 MAF is about $300

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/electronics/listing-2165296325.htm?rsqid=df64a402735949a298abc4973537ce38-001