SAU Community

R33 1996 Series 2 GTS4 N/A Anyone got one?

Hey people ive got so many questions about this car that ive lost track....

well i was looking around to buy a supra n/a then i came across this 96 mod N/A 4wd. i havent heard of em only a gtr that was 4wd but then i was told it was N/A and that intrested me as i dont wana pay big $ for insurance. so i baught the car and ive had it for about 3-4 months and sadely its for sale. i cant afford to keep it. ive got the price going for 19,500 and just wondering is that to expensive as i have done a search on em and there very rare???

also on my dash the air bag icon keeps flashing and i cant stop it anyone have any idea on how to stop it?

so someone out there who has any idea about these cars please let me know as i am desprate to know more about them and the price range...

thanks

Yeah there are a few getting around, it's the R34 ones that are hard to get your hands on :) I think 19,500 may be pushing it a bit.....I wouldn't be expecting much over 18,000 for it.

Sounds like your airbag is faulty...that's the only thing that will make the SRS light continually flash...better chop another 1,000 off the asking price :)

hey thanks for the replies and also the link i checked it out and it helped me heaps.

i wanted to ask a few more questions.... how can i get the car to go quicker and not turbo charge it?

extractors? chip?

ive got a air pod filter or should i go for k&n filter?

and if possible how much would i be looking at to get everthing done?

later down the track ill be looking for a gtr r33 motor but if anyone got one let me know cheers.

Hi

I have a 1996 R33 GTS-4 !! In grey with all the stuff like limited slip diff, traction controll etc just one slight thing though, I live in south wales GB!!! I really wanted a turbo model but couldnt find one like this one without forking out big bucks for a GTR. In the uk a car like ours costs about £7-9 thousand depending on condition etc. I got mine from a direct dealing importer and you save thousands buying from him. He deals on ebay and may be able to help you with a GTR even though you live in Australia. Have a look at www.autoadvan.co.uk you may be able to pick up a bargain as I paid £2600 for mine but then again I dont know what price they go for with you.

yeap I had one... 94 GTS-4 2dr

airbag - you need to have looked at, cuz it means it aint working properly

get a new extractor 2.5 should do well

also with NA not much you can do exapt things you do to NA car, increase Boreand displacement.... but end of the day you can able to fit turbo in same engine.

have a good one.

well i was searching on the internet and found a gts4 r33 96 with a turbo in the uk, it was white and has no added extras to the exterior. but i reckon itll go hard.

im thinkn of adding a turbo to my engine but which one can i add without having to change the pistons or getting into the big money. i heard even with the compression 10:1 and the pistons in the rb25de can handle a stock turbo running at 7psi but no more. is this true and will this have a effect on my engine cause if i do install a turbo i dont wana blow my engine as i wont have enough money to fix it if i do.

by the way if anyone is intrested in the car ive got it for 18,000 without system and mags. ill provide stock wheels for it. trust me its a very clean car and if i dont sell it within the next couple of months im just gona keep it and slowly do it up.

its got 11 months rego on it and 64k on the clock.