SAU Community

Rb30/25 Greddy Style Intake

Good Day Guys Chev R here hope you all doing well and keeping safe.

I would like to please ask again for your expert advice and assistance please.

I have fitted my Rb30/25 into my car everything looking good however with the added deck height of the Rb30 sub I am have to make a few changes.

What I am after is input on the Greddy Style cast intakes. I can get the intake similar to the plazmaman intake manifolds too but they are ridiculously expensive in South Africa. My current intake i used the stock Rb25 bottom half with runners and built a plenum on top. Unfortunately this now stops my bonnet from closing. My Turbo has the same issue but will be dropping the turbo flange lower to get the clearance. Please see pics attached of fitment. 

Also attached is the cast greddy style intake. Not sure if any have used it and can advise if they any good? Any opinions will be highly appreciated. Would have preferred to have a custom plenum built on the old runners but too expensive as well.

Sorry for long write up. Any honest input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Chev R (Brian)

20200615_171300.jpg

20200613_180131.jpg

20200614_101721-1.jpg

20200613_171627.jpg

20200614_103223.jpg

20200613_171610.jpg

IMG-20200615-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20200615-WA0020.jpg

I have used the Greddy copy. They were NZ$300 at the time. . You need to check for pinholes and the mating face for truth. Also get an adapter so you can use your stock T/B. It worked OK but if I were building another RB30 I wouldn't bother.

Hi KiwiRS4T appreciate your response will probably need to take my intake with to check for mating. Currently use a Hks fuel rail would that fit? My throttle body is a 76mm atm. Some guys say I should go 80-90mm.

So gathering from your response it's a bi go. Will have to research other options.

Thanks appreciate your input?

6 hours ago, Chev R said:

Hi KiwiRS4T appreciate your response will probably need to take my intake with to check for mating. Currently use a Hks fuel rail would that fit? My throttle body is a 76mm atm. Some guys say I should go 80-90mm.

So gathering from your response it's a bi go. Will have to research other options.

Thanks appreciate your input?

Stock throttle body is good for at least 530KW. If you have already bought the Freddy may as well go ahead

Hi KiwiRS4T don't have the stock anymore have the 76mm. So you reckon I can make some power with it?

What would you say should be the limit before the intake needs changing again?‍♂️

Sorry about all the questions I am stuck with it now so trying to see what are the limits and if any good.

Valuable input?