SAU Community

R33 not running

Steem

I tried to start my car this morning and it took a little more encouragement than usual how ever it ran, for about 15 seconds before cutting out and stalling. My fuel pump made a louder then usual hum and when trying to start it again made no noise whatsoever ever. I left it for a couple of hours and came back to find it starts, wants to stall when giving no throttle and cuts out when giving it throttle and the fuel pump seems a lot louder now. Is this the fuel pump dying or is it something else?

35 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Could be.

Could be.

Does the tank have fuel in it?

Very funny. Full tank yesterday. I removed the hose that goes to the fuel rails and turned it over only to find no fuel at all. 

5 minutes ago, Steem said:

Very funny. Full tank yesterday. I removed the hose that goes to the fuel rails and turned it over only to find no fuel at all. 

dead pump by that diagnosis. Drop in a replacement and should be alright if doing an upgrade to a bigger pump ensure you do a wiring & relay upgrade .

I changed filter as I had brand new one laying around, nothing changed :(. It’s a stock 25de so I will probably go stock pump

Edited by Steem