SAU Community

R34 Gone into Limp mode after installing boost controller

Jakeeyjones

Hey y’all, 

just got myself a new GReddy profec boost controller and installed it this afternoon. Started the car and let it warm up, everything was running fine, idling with no issues. Once she was warmed up, gave it a rev and instantly the engine cut out. Attempted to start again and it would just splutter a few time and cut out. Strong smell of fuel and also a lot of smoke coming out of the exhaust plus a lot of black liquid (not oil, I’m assuming fuel). I’m assuming the cars gone into limp mode as I’ve unplugged and removed the factory solenoid and it’s no longer getting a signal to the ecu?? Also being a 3 port solenoid that came with the GReddy profec, I’m assuming I’ll neeed to also take the car for a tune once I’ve worked out what’s going on. Currently running factory ecu for the moment, I have an apexi pfc w/ hand controller ready to go for when I can take it for a tune. 

Any input into what may have gone wrong would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks 

Edited by Jakeeyjones

@Ben C34 Ah shit. So I’ve connected the vacuum port on the intake manifold to the GReddy sensor unit. Removed the factory solenoid and all the lines connected to it. Installed new solenoid, ran a hose from the actuator to one port on the solenoid and another hose to the fitting on the intercooler piping where the factory solenoid had a hose running to. Blocked the fitting on the stainless pipe where the bov plumbs back into the intake as I assumed I didn’t need that anymore after removing old solenoid. Tapped into the 12v acc for the controller and chassis ground. Like I said everything was running, didn’t change any settings on the boost controller. Simply turned the car on, warmed it up and gave it one rev to make sure the controller was getting a correct reading and that was it. 

Edited by Jakeeyjones