SAU Community

V36 Won't Start! Help! Replaced alternator and battery is good!

Morning,

On Christmas Eve I was driving to meet my Mum when the car felt as if it wouldn't accelerate, I could hear the rev's but wouldn't increase speed.  Within two minutes the whole car shut down, all lights filled the dash, no power, no steering, no brakes and small amount of smoke coming from the bonnet near the windshield.

Managed to get it towed home.  Checked all fluids and everything was fine, full of fuel etc etc.  Put the computer on the car a few days later and no errors (however wouldn't even crank more than once.

Managed to scour around the country to get a new alternator (not damn easy!) and finally installed new alternator.  Battery fully charged and now cranks but still won't start.  Fuel pump is working, coils seem to have the right charge and still no error codes on program (guessing because it won't turn over its only picking up what it can?) Won't even jump start.

HELP!!!  Anyone have any ideas?  I have now been without this damn car for 3 weeks and my gut feeling is it is something simple.

Edited by Chook70