SAU Community

Ebrake button

Hey there! I recently bought my first GTR. It’s a 1996 R33. I’m trying to get a custom titanium ebrake handle and ebrake button made for it. Does the stock ebrake button simply unscrew? I’ve been attempting to do this and it doesn’t seem to be unscrewing and it’s twisting the spring underneath. I just don’t want to break anything. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Edited by zmanoside

I doubt the button just unscrews, more likely held in the end of the handbrake lever via a machined shoulder or similar.     It may not be simple to remove without destroying the lever.    See the embedded videos here, which show methods to 'replace' the handbrake cover and button:

https://au.gktech.com/handbrake-drift-bttn

https://au.gktech.com/r32-r33-r34-skyline-billet-handbrake-lever

Titanium.....well, I suppose 'billet titanium' sounds so much sexier than 'billet aluminium'....sorry, 'billet aluminum'.      

Baffle the crowd with "I love the feel of my Ti6Al4V handbrake.....'

Good luck with it..... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2021 at 3:49 AM, zmanoside said:

Hey there! I recently bought my first GTR. It’s a 1996 R33. I’m trying to get a custom titanium ebrake handle and ebrake button made for it. Does the stock ebrake button simply unscrew? I’ve been attempting to do this and it doesn’t seem to be unscrewing and it’s twisting the spring underneath. I just don’t want to break anything. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

In the same boat. I wanted a SS e-brake handle/button to replace a BS NRG one

looked into a place Lathewerks out of the US. I originally bought a Subi handle thinking it would be univeral, but was informed that the handle are sized specific. I did give the measurements of the R33 bare handle.

Lathewerks also had e brake button on there for S-chassis I ordered that was well, but they asked does the original scree off. I told them it doesnt and I would need the slip on style similar to GKtech.

I questioned myself on whether I does screw off. I did not find a diagram and anything about a button just show drift buttons.

I to tried to screw it off only to mar the plastic. I could hear the spring twisting and no feeling of twisting it off threads.

I dint think it screws off, but who knows. No info on it