SAU Community

Hey all, 

so i own a absolute shitbox Mazda 121 Metro 01' Model, and unfortunately when put the new air intake in, as the MAF cable needed to be extended, I hand wired the cable and worked just fine. Somehow when the car had its Clutch replaced, the maf connector disconnected its wires from the plug and so I just believed i could re-wire it and it would be fine and go on its way. I am now at the stage where the motor is backfiring, stalling mostly on start and i imagine, is running at full rich, which is probably flooding the engine. I am also in Uni and have absolutely no money but need the car asap.

So basically does anyone have any ideas of what to do since i have re-wired it several times now, and no such success has come. i first rewired the connector and plug, but the plug slowly has been deteriorating so i took the pins out and just for a test wired them to the maf (just by holding them in) to see if that would work but nothing has worked.

I also was told that if i do not disconnect the battery, that the MAF sensor and connector could have some sort excess electrical energy inside the cables but i am not sure of how viable and answer that is

Cheers all

Are you sure the wiring is correct?

That makes zero sense below. It's not that.

9 hours ago, _Billy_ said:

also was told that if i do not disconnect the battery, that the MAF sensor and connector could have some sort excess electrical energy inside the cables but i am not sure of how viable and answer that is

3 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

But if you did not disconnect the battery, the ECU still carries a fault, clear faults and try again.

Just did that, seemed to fix it.

Cheers legend

• Like 1