SAU Community

R34 MFD 3D-printed Bezel for Custom LCD

I drive an R34, but it is not a GTR, so it doesn't have an OEM MFD. I recently ordered an MFD housing because I want to do a custom project with a monitor for a reverse camera. The OEM bezel has a curved transition that will take a bit more work than just a flat ABS panel, so I was wondering if anyone had successfully 3D-printed something, or has a file they wouldn't mind sharing.

i doubt anyone will share a 3d printing file as its not a straightforward part to produce and will take a bit of time to model up. Plus you could then start selling the parts

These guys had a go, but i believe they were having troubles so removed the product from their shop.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=829003997303711&story_fbid=1415948455275926 

I'm not after the whole cover. I purchased that new, OEM. Just the bezel that frames the screen. If that's what you meant, then I didn't see something like at 3D Racing Solutions. Just the whole cover.

And I understand that most people wouldn't want to share a file. But the general attitude of the post was mostly one of seeking information.

On 7/19/2021 at 9:19 AM, JarrettL said:

I'm not after the whole cover. I purchased that new, OEM. Just the bezel that frames the screen. If that's what you meant, then I didn't see something like at 3D Racing Solutions. Just the whole cover.

And I understand that most people wouldn't want to share a file. But the general attitude of the post was mostly one of seeking information.

Ah sorry, i misread the post. if its just a bezel, it shouldnt be too hard to draw up if you can provide dimensions.

Might be worth downloading fusion360 and watching a couple of youtube videos then you can have a go at making the file yourself.

maybe cut up a bit of card to start with, measure it then tweak the curvature on CAD.