SAU Community

Rb25neo and ecu masters ecu

I’ve looked around and saw ecu masters as a cheaper alternative for an ecu rather than haltech or link, only issues I’ve really come across is it possibly using the wrong connector for the plug and play adapter, I’m hoping not to do any wiring myself and I’ve heard the neos use the grey connectors and have different pin layout.

if there is a cheaper plug and play ecu than a haltech or link please shoot me in the right directions as All I can find is the ecu master with the wrong connector!

thanks in advance! 

Apexi PowerFC is much cheaper than haltech or link and is plug and play, and has a display/handcontroller that allows monitoring and changing tune without a laptop. It has more than enough functions to run mild to medium modified street cars.

However, the cost of tuning the an ECU your tuner is not familiar with will likely be more than you save on the ECU purchase price, so check first

On 2/22/2022 at 1:09 PM, Duncan said:

Apexi PowerFC is much cheaper than haltech or link and is plug and play, and has a display/handcontroller that allows monitoring and changing tune without a laptop. It has more than enough functions to run mild to medium modified street cars.

However, the cost of tuning the an ECU your tuner is not familiar with will likely be more than you save on the ECU purchase price, so check first

I’ll shoot a message to the guy that would be tuning my car if he knows how to work the power fc and if he’s unfamiliar with it I might shoot for the nistune.

On 2/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Nistune, does flex fuel, launch control, soft/hard limiters, super basic engine protection

Is the nistune a relatively simple tuning interface? I’m assuming that would keep cost lower if my tuner isn’t used to it of course.

On 23/02/2022 at 10:29 AM, BiggestRon22 said:

Is the nistune a relatively simple tuning interface? I’m assuming that would keep cost lower if my tuner isn’t used to it of course.

Much nicer than a PowerFC, to be it's pretty easy to use and their logging software (during the run) is fantastic.

But all depends on your tuner, so talk to them first.

On 2/23/2022 at 7:29 AM, BiggestRon22 said:

Is the nistune a relatively simple tuning interface?

Well, yes and no. It's laptop software, which is great. Tuning Neos is a bit of a pain in the arse, because the OEM ECU design has weird bullshit VE tables that don't make natural sense unless you think in a twisted fashion like the Nissan engineers apparently did. Once you learn what and how to do it, it's no problem. There's doco to provide that.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2022 at 11:37 AM, GTSBoy said:

Well, yes and no. It's laptop software, which is great. Tuning Neos is a bit of a pain in the arse, because the OEM ECU design has weird bullshit VE tables that don't make natural sense unless you think in a twisted fashion like the Nissan engineers apparently did. Once you learn what and how to do it, it's no problem. There's doco to provide that.

Then there's Haltech, tune it drunk and you'll still do a good job provided all the long term trims are enabled 🙂