SAU Community

Wiring schematics for 1997 stagea

protegeV

Well, the workshop manual (about 1,000 pages in japanese) is available, PM me your email if you'd like a copy

Having said that, I'd start by pulling the dash out, grabbing the dash plugs and seeing if there is a pin that goes 12v when parkers or headlights are on only. That would confirm the issue is in the dash (either dash trace or the globes). If you can't find any such pin find an interior globes that goes on and off with the parkers, eg the key or glovebox illumination, and check the wire colour; whatever it is is almost certain to be the same colour at the dash. If you don't have 12v at that colour wire at the dash connectors, just run a wire that does have the 12v to the dash plug wire that doesn't and see if you get lights

On 7/12/2022 at 3:25 AM, Duncan said:

Well, the workshop manual (about 1,000 pages in japanese) is available, PM me your email if you'd like a copy

Having said that, I'd start by pulling the dash out, grabbing the dash plugs and seeing if there is a pin that goes 12v when parkers or headlights are on only. That would confirm the issue is in the dash (either dash trace or the globes). If you can't find any such pin find an interior globes that goes on and off with the parkers, eg the key or glovebox illumination, and check the wire colour; whatever it is is almost certain to be the same colour at the dash. If you don't have 12v at that colour wire at the dash connectors, just run a wire that does have the 12v to the dash plug wire that doesn't and see if you get lights

Thank you! I sent you a pm with Mt email. I have traced the wire as a red/blue that goes to the IPC, hvac control, clock, and a seemingly unused 4 pin plug behind the radio. If I put 12v to it everything lights up. I've thought of just tapping thay circuit into the park lamps circuit but I'd like to fix it correctly if I can. 

Have you changed the head unit? maybe the lights loop through the factory unit.

In any case, if red/blue wires are everywhere under the dash and some have 12v only when the parkers are on (and some don't) then you have a wiring break somewhere, and should be safe to run an extra wire from a working part of that circuit to a part that has 0v....if you get it wrong a fuse blows, otherwise there was a broken wire somewhere in the loom and it starts working again.