SAU Community

Throttle body coolant hoses

Sooo after a good bit of work and downtime on the car I finally got it running again after getting a new 2860rs/injectors/tune and a bunch of new silicone hoses blah blah blah. 

somewhere along the way I seem to have lost a coolant hose or something? I didn’t have anything attached to the coolant nipple coming out of the TB and sprayed coolant everywhere upon the first drive. It’s the only open port though so I’m kind of assuming I’ve lost a T coming from the rear of the motor near the firewall? As of this moment that port is the feed to the turbo, so should I just T in right there?

The previous owner had the port nearest the rail on firewall side plugged so I left it like that. I took some pictures on my DE block as it’s much easier to point all this out with the motor out of the car. (DE has the port the other owner blocked off blocked from the factory in the casting)

2DC62D51-6E80-4BB2-BF81-41184DAB4523.jpeg

05A319BA-7DF9-41A9-8C5A-6D2590456A9E.jpeg

48313403-F1B4-4F71-AC40-2F03C8D1B791.jpeg

3B2A49DD-EFA9-4CB4-8278-01FA6680F312.jpeg

10 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Just delete the coolant feed to the TB. We don't need them here in Oz. Not cold enough to need to prevent icing in the TB, unlike northern Nippon.

Same here in Louisiana.

I guess I should have asked more about this than the original routing. 
should I just plumb from the intake at the bleeder screw down to the rear port coming off the block? 
My problem is I do not know where the flow goes from the throttle body at all.

Just cap all the smaller lines and ditch the bleeder screw entirely? Treat me like I’m stupid because I am….

Edited by Axt3365

It's a long time since I had an RB20 and I'm 2600km from my RB25, so I can't easily check for you. So my recommendation for optical guidance is....There are RB20 diagrams in the R32 GTR workshop manual, which is fairly easily found for download.