SAU Community

cops+skylines=wtf?

i have recently been driving my skyline r33 and was pulled over by the cops because i am a p-plater. they said that my car was over powered as i live in melbourne. does anyone know how i can overcome this problem to be able to keep on driving it?

overpowered bullshit, there is no law regarding how powerful a l or p platers car can be. If you were lucky enough an L plater could drive around in marios GTR700 with 1500hp...mmmmmmm. There was talk of a new law coming in but how are they going to police it? no way. Maybe say no L plater can drive a v8 or maybe a turbocharged car, but then just build a mad per port 13b?

i have recently been driving my skyline r33 and was pulled over by the cops because i am a p-plater. they said that my car was over powered as i live in melbourne. does anyone know how i can overcome this problem to be able to keep on driving it?

get older, and one day if you're lucky, you'll reach 26 like me.

-rb25

rofl rb25.

I didn't realise there were any laws but in theory I guess you could

a. pretend its a non turbz.

b. pay engineer for a restrictor of some sort to limit the power and get it certified.

God knows how you'd get option b working - ask the RTA or whoever that is in your state.

Also look into getting a residential address in NSW and getting a NSW license.

This would only work if the law is that noone licensed in VIC etc... whereas if it's just a law in regards to license classes then .... *shrug*

I'm glad I'm not on my p's .... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

... ok sorry i do feel ur pain...

the law works differently for v8s and turbos

for a v8 a p plater isnt allowed more tha 125rwkw per ton of vehicle.

for a turbo car it works in literage of the eninges capacity as the kw's can easily be adjusted by boost. u are allowed 2.5liter per ton of vehicle.

i was told this by a victorian tmu officer when he was defecting my car!

matty

in on my p's with a r33 gts-t aswell mate and i havnt had one bit of attention from the cops yet in melbourne. but i mean if i started to get hassled i was thinking of selling the car and moving to a heavily modded r32 or a wrx.

how would that make a difference? They're still more than the power/weight limit...

Well the new law in sydney , you cant drive past 10pm or a high powered vehicle if your a p plater.

i knew about the curfew their trying to get in sydney which hasn't been finalised yet, but haven't heard of power restrictions for p platers, has ne1 else heard of this, or did u make that up?

because owning a r32 gtr may become a problem if thats true, seeing i've got a year left on my greens