SAU Community

RB25DET NEO refrigerant pressure sensor

spacer.png spacer.png

Hey guys just wondering if I can get some clarification on this refrigerant pressure sensor wiring. I bought a 3 pin pigtail to wire in a refrigerant pressure sensor and I just want to make sure I'm reading the schematic and connecting it properly. My ECU doesn't have anything in pin 57 so I put a pin in and ran it to the WHITE wire on the pigtail. Then pin 48 to the BLUE wire and connected the GREEN wire to ground. After doing this I went for a drive and my CEL came on. The car also had jumpy acceleration. Since pin 48 is also the power source for the throttle position sensor I'm wondering if I messed up or reversed the wiring somehow. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Well, what you've done looks correct, but only if the sensor has the same pinout as the stock sensor. If it's not a stock or stock equivalent, then there's some chance that you've got two or more of those switched, which could be anything from non-damaging to let-some-smoke-out.

• Like 1

I see...it's not an OEM connector since I couldn't find a part number for it. It listed a bunch of interchange part numbers that I googled but no luck. Ok I'm pretty much in the weeds with this one but thanks anyways for responding 🙂

It's not the connector I'm concerned about - it's the sensor itself. The connector is agnostic - doesn't care what you're doing with it. The pins on the sensor need to match what the ECU thinks it's pins connect to.

24 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

It's not the connector I'm concerned about - it's the sensor itself. The connector is agnostic - doesn't care what you're doing with it. The pins on the sensor need to match what the ECU thinks it's pins connect to.

Right, sorryー I'm an idiot, of course it's the sensor not the connector 😳 So I just did some digging and found out the part number I was given by someone at Nissan is actually the wrong part number....so obviously it doesn't work properly and I probably fried something in the process. 

With that diagram you posted first, often the adjacent section of the workshop manual will confirm what the wires actually do as well. Of the 2 wires between the sensor and ECU I assume 1 is power supply, probably 5v and the other is signal to the ECU, but it isn't possible to tell which is which from the diagram. 

Unfortunately if you have grounded the ECU 5v output by accident you might have damaged the ECU (or if you are lucky just popped a fuse).

Why does the ECU not have these wires, was it a non-AC car or a different ECU to factory?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Duncan said:

With that diagram you posted first, often the adjacent section of the workshop manual will confirm what the wires actually do as well. Of the 2 wires between the sensor and ECU I assume 1 is power supply, probably 5v and the other is signal to the ECU, but it isn't possible to tell which is which from the diagram. 

Unfortunately if you have grounded the ECU 5v output by accident you might have damaged the ECU (or if you are lucky just popped a fuse).

Why does the ECU not have these wires, was it a non-AC car or a different ECU to factory?

It's an engine swapped car that I knew about when I imported it. What I didn't know is that whoever swapped the engine didn't swap the harness....so it's an RB25 with an RB20 harnessー a complete shit-show to say the least. For the most part everything runs fine (until I tried to hook up this sensor 🤦‍♀️) I feel like the ECU is fried due to the incorrect part number I was given but I'm able to get another one from a friend so once I order the correct refrigerant pressure sensor it should be ok....

• Like 1

And double double triple double check the pins on the sensor, making sure you understand the orientation of the connector view on the diagram and hopefully the pinout on the sensor itself is documented on its paperwork, for comparison and triple double quadruple double checking.

• Thanks 1

I have an ECU part number 23740 0V812. Does anyone know if refrigerant pressure sensor 92137-0W000 is the correct part number to match? I really want to make sure it's right this time.