SAU Community

forum.r31skylineclub.com down or gone?

10 hours ago, funkymonkey said:

According to @acsplit apparently the forum is being migrated from one server to another so should be back up and running once the migration is done.

Cheers mate, @acsplit would know... bit of a pisser we never got notification, but not surprising.  I was primarily concerned with one 70+yo member there, who's halfway through rebuilding a re4r01 gearbag and relying on my help in that regard. I'm hoping wheezy might update the forum software at the same time (especially the media-wiki stuff).. I guess we'll find out.

Kudos...

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

Yeah looks like we have to do some upgrades 😔

I knew you lurked here ...<grin>... the SMF stuff I'm not terribly concerned about (but should be updated), it's primarily the mediawiki software I've wanted updated...for years now, since Session gave me access there and I was looking to clean it up (consistency wrt presentation)...and I couldn't get that to work properly, which I found out by cloning the wiki and setting it up under the latest mediawiki release, was because it's the actual version of the MediaWiki  being used causing all the problems wrt presentation....grrr. Then of course, the image repository which the wiki is tied to, has whacky permissions linking back to the forum SMF software DB, and because I don't have admin/mod privileges there, there's a number of things I can't do within the wiki...like...ie; fix/include images for the wiki....grrrrr....  😃

AFAIK, only wheezy has been maintaining this stuff, (he knows all about the above para), but life gets in the way (kids, vocation)...and like, now he's bought a sea-going vessel, so 'gone fishing' springs to mind B^)

You have a knack for understatement ...lol...

Edited by dbm7

On 5/25/2024 at 5:48 PM, acsplit said:

Yeah back online, big job to get that stuff onto a new Wiki but probably needs to be done.

Needs to be done for presentation's sake ~ especially the wiki, with talk some time ago suggesting the forum might go, and only the wiki being maintained. I've only been after that update since around 2018 or so, maybe I have to wait for the 10year anniversary 😃