SAU Community

Diff Rebuild or get a mech?

fane

hey guys just interested because i heard most ppl rebuild their diffs when they import a car...

r33 gtst diff = viscous......can you rebuild? any idea of price and where?

or is it not worth it at all and your better of getting a 1.5 or 2 way....?

thanks in advance... :D

fane you ***** dont be soft, you have been in my car with 2 way and its not all bad, shit i drive mine every day.

the diff is the best mod i have made it makes the car handle so much better!

viscous = soft

mech = Hard

Sorry to hijack this thread, but if you do decide to go for a mech diff, or anyone else out there has an acceptable condition stock diff they would like to get rid of I would be very interested.

As a bit of a background, my diff has a very unpleasant whine which has been diagnosed as a crown wheel and pinion which needs replacing. Will be $250 to fit which is fair enough but Nissan have requested an arm in advance and a leg on pickup to supply me with these parts new.

Therefore, if anyone has access to these parts or has an entire stock diff they would like to sell please PM me as i would be very interested.

someone said mech diff wont work with ABS... is it true?

Also anyone heard of Kazaa diff (local)? They cclaim to be quiet and u can retain ur stock diff casing just swap d internals

someone said mech diff wont work with ABS... is it true?

Also anyone heard of Kazaa diff (local)? They cclaim to be quiet and u can retain ur stock diff casing just swap d internals

My mechanical worked fine with ABS. You might have a problem if you change the whole diff casing with one from a car without ABS as the sensor for 3 channel ABS is at the diff.

The amount of clunking you get is controlled by how tight the diff is, a mechanical diff *only* locks under power so if you stay off the accelerator it doesnt clunk, that can make it easier to live with day to day.

And finally you can and should just swap the diff centre, much easier.

Dunca, is there a certain type of diff that is easier to live off on daily basis,

e.g. 2 way versus 1.5 way versus 1 way? Or is it just a matter of staying on/off accelerator no matter what diff type above?

Also gts-t vspec, how's that Kazaa diff center going and how long ur mate has it? I wonder how these local products compared to things like cusco. Price i believe is much cheaper and quite tempting.