SAU Community

R32 Rear Reflector Question

Hi

This is my first post here, but I've been reading this forum for a long time now. My brother drives a white R33, some of you might have seen him at the Shepparton Deca Fun Day and the dyno day at selectmaz. Anyway I'm not here about him, I've got a question about my car.

There are these red looking platic pieces on both corners of the rear bumper and I'm wondering if they are reflectors. I've only ever seen them once before in another picture but they looked diffferent, are they a factory option?

3291IMG_2525_1_-med.JPG

Thanks alot for your help and a great forum

Ray

Thanks for the reply. If it doesn't leave a hole or any marks I will remove them once the car gets here.

I've notice that the R32's don't have the front side guard indicator standard and I've seen many 80's cars like corolla's, magna's, ect that don't have them aswell. That's because the front light assembly has a little lump incorperated into the corner that acts as the side blinker. I'm wondering do these front guard amber indicators need to be added in during compliance?

Ray

Hi Ray,

For compliance it is a requirement to add the side repeater on the guard, behind the front wheel. I have however seen many cars that have been complied and this has not been done.

If you have to get them, I've seen alot of people use the clear oval VT commodore (or similar) repeater, though I think a squarer one looks better on a R32 being, well, square and all... If you can get away with it, I wouldn't worry too much.

stingray, you'll find that if your car was from a cold area (we're talking mountainous area where there's snow etc) that one of the rear reverse lights is red. If a car is moved from a non cold area to a cold area then the red lights like on yours can be added instead.

As for side indicators, I always tell people to go for the mitsubishi side repeaters, which cost about $10. And yes you have to put em on for compliance.