SAU Community

exhaust place in melb

rs73

Originally posted by sleighty

muffler man in malvern prahran road.

dun expect good service as the boss is a very busy man.but they do good quality exhausts.4 inch or 5 inch if thats what u want thats what u will get :shake:

hmmm...well i got a quote for a hi-flow cat and install for $550...apparently $300 should be the max to pay...oh well

Today I was even mocked when I said I wanted 3" piping, they said I must be crazy to want such a diametre, what do I need it for?

what would their reaction been to my 4" system and 5" tip that is before the EPA had their way!!!!! bastards!!!! :)

I think I will be ordering a complete cat-back new from Japan. Arriving in December. my HKS supper dragger exhaust tip will have to be sold by then.

Hi Rs, Sunbury exhaust would have to be one of the most professional exhaust places arround, they did my r33 3 " system, treated you like a real customer and not an idiot, and looked after the car as well. Workmanship 2nd to none. Aftersale service was also great. Rechecked everything a week after fitment and i will probably go back soon for an additional muffler to drop the note a touch..Sounds great, but just a bit loud.

:P

Dont' go to places with bad customer service. I don't see why you should pay money to feel like crap. Customer Service is part of the total experience and your decision should not just be based on the final product you get.

i totally agree with that. my exhaust is finally fixed up, sounds very nice now. just a deep purr. took it to daalder exhaust in boxhill. 1st resonator they put on didnt do much, was still loud, went back and they changed it for free. better than ringwood place where he wouldn't guarantee me anything & said it may help it may not.

rs73, i didn't realise that u already had a hks super drager muffler, if that were the case u should've just went & got some custom made exhaust to fit it, would've cost around $150. if u haven't ordered the catback system from japan u should keep the hks & get the piping done.

Too bad they've already charged my credit card in Japan, and I've got a prospective buyer already for my HKS dragger by next weekend.

Thank's, but still I may be needing an exhaust place to bolt on the full new exhaust system as it arrives from Japan.

damn, would've saved u some time & money. what exhaust have u ordered, did u get a 2nd hand one? catback i assume?

u could almost put the new exhaust on urself if u could jack ur car up high enough. ur new exhaust should bolt straight on. just 2 bolts at the front to the cat and then the rest of it goes into the rubber holders.

which area are u in? mr muffler in mitchan charged me $40 to put mine on. took like 15mins. any exhaust place can do it. don't let them charge u more than that. only problem is i dunno if the exhaust can fit in ur car to take it there!

It's only money :P and I don't have car stand or jack that will be safe enuf for me working under the car for long period of time. Beside no garage, just car parking spot shared with other neighbies, so a bit tight on space.

Time is one of my biggest problem, I don't have the luxury of being a student & can have any time any day to wander around exhaust places to modify my car... nor being a business owner who can walk in or taking day off anytime anyday... (If you're the boss, nobody can fire you, get it?)

Everytime I need time off, I have to organise it with the mgr a week or so in advance & fill out appropriate form, etc, etc, etc... and we're pretty busy now, no time for timeoff coz I'll be hung by my neck if I do that. This applies until after the New Yr 2003 when our workload will be lightened off a bit.

BTW, what I'm ordering is a brand spanking new 3" exhaust system, I'm ordering the front pipe as well but still waiting to see if it's in stock & depends on whether they can ship it in the same box so I don't pay too much on shipping. The only thing I need left is 3" hi flow cat to complete the system. Or maybe plus dump pipe, or exhaust manifold... the list goes on.... perhaps just front pipe+cat+cat-back is enuf for now :P I'll source the hi flow cat locally.

I live in northern suburb area but work in the inner city near CBD.

Damn, money u have if u can afford to get a brand new exhaust from Japan! They're very pricey. If time is a concern, get the exhaust fitted on a saturday, most places are open until lunch time, just get in there early. With the hi-flow cat, I was quoted for around $250 for one think, somewhere from 200-250. All i remember was the guy telling me what a good price it was hehe. This was at Daalder exhaust. It was for a 2.5" one, 3" will probably cost a bit more. Good idea to get the front pipe and dump pipe from japan as well.

Anyways good luck with it.

Thx..

When it arrive (hopefully b4 nearing xmas holiday time) I can organise a saturday installation, if I don't have to work on Saturday....

I hate it when I sometimes can only drop my car in the early morning, but can't get back to the wkshop quick enuf in the afternoon to pick up my car, n can only wish they can lock my car in securely until Monday. (Happened to me once when I serviced my car last time)...

• 1 year later...
I have been ringing a few places in melb and some of them only makes up to 2.5" custom piping.

Today I was even mocked when I said I wanted 3" piping, they said I must be crazy to want such a diametre, what do I need it for?

Does anyone knows exhaust place in Melb where ppl who ask for 3" or even 3.5" custom pipe will be treated with respect and won't be jeered at and laughed?

not very happy today :)

Try this exhaust place, his phone number is 9318 6688. Those ppl who laughted at your request just don't know anything, so don't worry about those ignorant pig.

i just read the whole thing too dammit!

btw, trufit exhaust installed a 2.5 cat when i paid for a 3inch. plus they tried to keep the straight through pipe that came on the car, and questioned me when i asked for it back.

and the reason they have imports in there alot is cause they do the cat work for UPI, plus theres lots of import workshops in that area.