SAU Community

exhaust place in melb

rs73

I have been ringing a few places in melb and some of them only makes up to 2.5" custom piping.

Today I was even mocked when I said I wanted 3" piping, they said I must be crazy to want such a diametre, what do I need it for?

Does anyone knows exhaust place in Melb where ppl who ask for 3" or even 3.5" custom pipe will be treated with respect and won't be jeered at and laughed?

not very happy today :)

Guest sleighty

muffler man in malvern prahran road.

dun expect good service as the boss is a very busy man.but they do good quality exhausts.4 inch or 5 inch if thats what u want thats what u will get :shake:

try trufit exhausts warrigul rd in moorabbin 9555 5688

they'll be able to help u and when I was there I saw a nice 32gtr parked in the w/s and I always see an import of some sort whenever I drive past.

What type of zorst do u want? Cat-back, turbo back?

Do u want new, or second hand? Dont get a custom one made up, go for a big nasty jap one. Ive got an Apexi N1 from (and including) the cat back. Doesnt drone, more power, and sounds awsome.

For the price of gettn a custom one done, go the jap one.

And trufit...well...Ive had dealings with them.....what gasket!!!!

question about exhausts::

i have a Cat-back exhaust and have no real idea of what that means exactly other than it isnt a full system... what will i need to complete it?

Guest sleighty

catback means the piping of the exhaust after the cat all the way to the muffler inclusive.anything from cat and before is what you would need to complete your full exhaust system.so you would need a hi flow cat and front pipe and mandrel bent dump pipe.

I had a tailpipe from HKS (2nd hand) which I want to attach to my exhaust system, but I don't have the middle section between cat & tailpipe, where the resonator is located. :) bad purchase decision perhaps.

If this is too troublesome to fabricate, then maybe I'll just sell

the tailpipe and get a brand new cat-back from Japan.

Originally posted by RedR32

What type of zorst do u want? Cat-back, turbo back?

Do u want new, or second hand? Dont get a custom one made up, go for a big nasty jap one. Ive got an Apexi N1 from (and including) the cat back. Doesnt drone, more power, and sounds awsome.

For the price of gettn a custom one done, go the jap one.

And trufit...well...Ive had dealings with them.....what gasket!!!!

Thanks ppl...

Didn't expect so many feedbacks & input in such a short period of time... beats going through the yellowpages and ringing them all one by one!!! :)

hey rs73, i've been to about 5 different exhaust places in the past few weeks to fix up my exhaust coz its too big for my car. it came from a turbo r33 and i bolted it onto mine so i've been going around to different places asking for opinions.

the place raist60 mentioned seems the most decent, price is good and the guy knows what hes talking about.

but, i've heard a lot of good things about Dandy Exhaust in dandenong, thats where i've booked my car in to get the resonator changed, they were the only place to actually give me a rough price as well.

btw u can buy my exhaust off me! its practically new!

Be very careful that the change the flanges on the exhaust to 3" as well and that they dont use the ones off your original.

My 2c just buy jap exhaust ready to fit b/c you know it will fit perfectly. I had to take mine back 3 times. first 2 b/c of the knocking on my suspension and the last time b/c of the dodgy flanges. nyway hope you dont use a certain someone in Fairfield by the name of Harry ******.

Good luck

Originally posted by Warpspeed

Why dont you two guys get together and just swap exhausts ?

My system is currently stock GTS-t exhaust, dunno if turtle wants to put a stock turbo exhaust system on his N/A skyline...

turtle?

Originally posted by sleighty

catback means the piping of the exhaust after the cat all the way to the muffler inclusive.anything from cat and before is what you would need to complete your full exhaust system.so you would need a hi flow cat and front pipe and mandrel bent dump pipe.

how much damage am i looking at for this to be done?

Some things I have found out and noticed...

Dont' go to places with bad customer service. I don't see why you should pay money to feel like crap. Customer Service is part of the total experience and your decision should not just be based on the final product you get.

From what I've seen most aftermarket Japanese over the shelf exhaust kits hang low on the standard mounts. If you have modified your car so that it sits lower to the ground or plan on doing this then go to a good exhaust shop and get them to make an exhaust up for you that sits close to the body. If you've seen High Octane 3 then you'll know what I'm talking about...

Support Aussie business'. The local exhaust shop is probably going to make an exhaust that is as good or better than the off the shelf jap one if you choose the right place. And price would have to be similar when comparing new with new....

Originally posted by A31_Cefiro

Support Aussie business'. The local exhaust shop is probably going to make an exhaust that is as good or better than the off the shelf jap one if you choose the right place. And price would have to be similar when comparing new with new....

That's what i saw... i got my 3" Mandrel (without hiflow cat) done for $590 from Porfessional Exhaust in Airpost West.

The sound is brilliant and it didn't even take the full day...

too easy

ash