SAU Community

Random thought's...what's your opinion?¿?¿

DJ984

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my latest random thought (mind you these arn't backed with a lot of knowledge which is why i am asking)...

Yesterday, i was thinking, if the Aus delivered maximas came with 5 stud hubs (the ones slightly newer than the cef looking model)... can these hubs be bolted straight on to a cef?

I realise more people would've done this if it where the case but i had to ask anywhoo... any imput guys?

That is a Damn good question........By the way..a CT26 won't bolt on, and besides they are also a ceramic turbine, therefore the benefits would be minimal........

better getting an HKS 2530. A turbo such as that will place your peak power at approx 5500rpm, ideal for drift.

Yeah, that what i was thinking, I mean, I know Nissan has a habbit of using common parts which makes modifications a lot easier for us... but i was just looking at a maxima thinking hmmmm, I wonder lol!.... any research results will be tops thanks guys...

We did the conversion on mine in perth.

Engine - $8000.. had a/m goodies

gearbox - $1500 Rebuilt VL Turbo item

Turbo's - $4500.. over 300rwkw @ 1bar.. love it.

also got a custom 8l sump

custom tail shaft

Wolf3d v4 pro ecu

etc etc

it all adds up.. I reckon it cost me over $20k all up with parts labour tuning etc.. but its worth it :P

hub wise i run 5 stud conversion all round from R32 gts-t/Z32 with the bigger brakes. it is an easy conversion.

Ditto, but I have DBA 4000 slotted disks and RB74 pads. Id have a look at the maxima disks and calipers hey, I cant see them being better than the R32 items. (ie 4 pots)

Ditto, but I have DBA 4000 slotted disks and RB74 pads.  Id have a look at the maxima disks and calipers hey, I cant see them being better than the R32 items.  (ie 4 pots)

Yeah, you've kinda made the 2 points i've been keeping in that back of my head....

I figure, if you can just swap hubs with a new maxima (without having to swap anything else)... then you can get brand new rotors (rather than second hand) and what ever calipers you like... do you know what i mean?....

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, next question....

Hows this sound for an intermacooler?

Hybrid Bar and Plate; 15 Dar design (apparently a new design with better flow etc)

600x300x76

How would this go on a stockish cef for light dori use?... (ie ammature) i'll want a FMIC obviosly and i can get this one cheap... is it a good one to use or should i get a GTR intercooler (tube and fin?)...

I got no idea bout em eh... :confused: LOL!

Get the bar n plate hybrid one. Also use a bleed valve, I can get you the GFB bleed valve for $45 coz I have a trade acct with the distributor in VIC, however the pipes on the RB20DET on the ceffy (stock one anyways) is different to a R32 so installation is a lil trickier.

My dad's ceffy now sports a GFB bleed valve and it does a wonderful job.

I remember reading an article bout the pro cons of bar n plate and tube n fin but i have learnt nothing.

I think the gtr ones are tube n fin aren't they? Personally i trust calsonic more than hybrid but hey I'm only going by brand :(

Can anyone explain quickly what the practical advantages/disadvantages would be? I thought for 90% of people out there it wouldn't make too much difference.

I figure, if you can just swap hubs with a new maxima (without having to swap anything else)... then you can get brand new rotors (rather than second hand) and what ever calipers you like... do you know what i mean?....

I don't see this being less than $500 all up. If it was more than $500 I'd spend a couple of hundred extra to shop around for some r32-m/s14/15/r33 brakes. I mean the maxima isn't a performance car. The rotors from a skyline would be better than maxima ones imo.

Being new or not doesn't matter if you get some rotors with some decent bite - machine them down and bobs your uncle.

but it does make a difference when theyre bigger than the ones on the older ceffies and are 5 STUD. skyline brake conversion would set u back around the 1000 mark inc labour... id rather do it myself to cut the costs down and cause i like to work on my own car... but not everyone can do that or has the tools.

*shrug* wouldn't bother with maxima brakes just for a 5 stud conversion. Drilling hubs is cheaper if that's what you're after if not using 4 stud to 5 stud spacer. On the other hand I don't know what i'd do my car already had the conversion done ;)

daveo - no, nothing wrong with that but I think you'd be changing the handling characteristics to make it into a bit of a different car than the usual drift car. Don't get me wrong I think it'd be great but i think the same difference would apply to a s13 sr20 and a s13 rb30.

Mind you it'd be crazy nice to have a fat cefiro tourer styled car. .. wide body kit, fat 18 or 19x10" wheels. 265 tyres. Chunk rollcage. Subtler muffler (than drift styled). JGTC styled cefiro. *drool* :aroused:

OI OI OI OI OI OI OI whats this about maxima hubs? Whos dunnit? Youre saying... 2003 model Maxima 5 Stud hubs bolt on, although theyre FWD etc? Anyone confirm?

JK

lol!... no, I was asking if you could bolt up the 5 stud hubs from like a 92-3 model maxima then get brand spankin new rotors then ya calipers... wondering if it would be a cost effective move or what or if it can even be done at all....