SAU Community

Customer Service Seminar offer to all import related industries...

RTFGTR

Is it just me or is everyone in the import industry overly optimistic when it comes to telling customers how long they can expect to wait for anything. I have gone through the same old story with every step of this process.

I received my final invoice on Friday last week and paid it on Monday morning (shipping etc.) Lady at company organising this said "as soon as you pay and payment has been cleared you car will be put on a truck and you should receive it by Thursday - Friday this week at the latest" I called this morning to see if I was lucky enough to get the Thursday delivery... car is still in Brisbane and probably wont be with me now till next Thursday! Fair enough, but if was told this from the start I would not have got up this morning @ 5.00am because I was dreaming about my car arriving today. I reckon these people need to attend a customer satisfaction seminar (I will organise it myself) and learn some basic skills like "OVERPROMISING" and "ANSWER THE PHONE" techniques that I think may be beneficial to the survival of the business.

Anyway, nothing a couple of jugs can't temporally fix

:D

Just curious - why did your car get shipped to Brissy, not Melbourne ??

As to all the delays, I think its just a fact of life - people would rather be optimistic than pessimistic to a customer.

Car was sent to Brissy because I think it is far cheaper to ship there and road freight the rest of the way >> to Melbourne. Ocean and Road Freight was just shy of $1000. I was expecting %1700+ so thats a bounus.

Car was sent to Brissy because I think it is far cheaper to ship there and road freight the rest of the way >> to Melbourne. Ocean and Road Freight was just shy of $1000. I was expecting %1700+ so thats a bounus.

I see.....I will be interesed to compare with the cost for my car which is coming direct to Melbourne.

I've been doing some research into the cost of shipping cars Japan->Melb and export companies in Japan quote $US60-$US70 per cubic metre for a car shipped to ports on the east coast of Australia. I couldn't find figures for a GTR, but one company had an R32GTSt at the equivalent of about 10 cubic metres, which would be the same for GTR more or less. That means around $US700 or about $A1000 which is quite a bit less than I was originally quoted ($A1500), but there might be other factors involved that I'm not seeing.

I see.....I will be interesed to compare with the cost for my car which is coming direct to Melbourne.

I've been doing some research into the cost of shipping cars Japan->Melb and export companies in Japan quote $US60-$US70 per cubic metre for a car shipped to ports on the east coast of Australia.  I couldn't find figures for a GTR, but one company had an R32GTSt at the equivalent of about 10 cubic metres, which would be the same for GTR more or less.   That means around $US700 or about $A1000 which is quite a bit less than I was originally quoted ($A1500), but there might be other factors involved that I'm not seeing.

GTR is 10.646 CM3 @ 1430KG's - Ocean freight to Brissy from Japan was $970.00 AUS - Maybee this is industries attempt at overpromising? All other charges that tag along with shiiping came to a total of $1140 something. Do not have any idea about straight to Melb.

But the total cost included road freight to my door, no extra charge for road freight that I could see on the invoice.

GTR is 10.646 CM3 @ 1430KG's - Ocean freight to Brissy from Japan was $970.00 AUS - Maybee this is industries attempt at overpromising? All other charges that tag along with shiiping came to a total of $1140 something. Do not have any idea about straight to Melb.

But the total cost included road freight to my door, no extra charge for road freight that I could see on the invoice.

That's right BR. Kiwi include road freight to you from Brisbane in their shipping charges. Where you happy with them? Anything nicked? stereo etc?

Richard

That's right BR. Kiwi include road freight to you from Brisbane in their shipping charges. Where you happy with them? Anything nicked? stereo etc?

Richard

Wish I could tell you... still dont have the car yet! It was meant to be in Melb. yesterday

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Black robin:

I see the cars arrived, I'd love it if you could give me some info on what you thought of Kiwis service, and if the car arrived undamaged and with removeable bits intact (boost controller etc).

Cheers,

Richard