SAU Community

does this sound dodgy or legitamate?

Ceffo

Yeah me too. I guess the major issue is the intrusion bars. Perhaps you could ask to see the bars before they are installed or perhaps ask to see a previous customers car? That may put your mind at ease a little.

No point paying more for something if it's actually not any better than the cheaper alternative :)

omg nark. as i said on the NS forums - its an issue when you wake up in hospital minus a leg cos the intrusion bars only just passed law or they weren't installed.

Also the legal system is only for people with money... you should know that :P

JK sounds like he's gettin a good deal but yea I got quoted the same price as ceffo at another shop. The guy says $250/door is cheap considering the whole thing has to be dissassembled as to remove the chance of the window being damaged by welding. Now I don't know if someone has figured out a better way, or if this guy was talking it up.. but still when the difference is almost 50% on price it seems questions should be asked :D

jsut got mine done for $1100 :P keep in mind a cefiro has 2 more doors than a silvia. $20 extra for blue slip (or roadworthy certificate in VIC).

Also in VIC its optional to have child restraints, whereas in NSW its compulsory. Compliance rules vary from state to state.

$1000 dollars it will be for me. A mate's silvia was 700 to 800, the laurel has two extra doors so yeah. John from import bitz did break down the parts listing, think it went something like intrusion bars, unleaded neck filler, child restraint points, changing the mirror from convex to flat or something.

did anyone else get the option of truck signal lights and brake lights? my compliancer told me that the indicators and brake lights did not meet ADR's so he temporarily wired up truck lights to it to get it complianced :) needless to say they look like a young lass's nipples on a cold winter day.

Strange, i had my car (ceffy) complied around early June of this year...

All i had to have done for compliance was Chassis number punched in, Child restraint points, Fuel filler, and Driver's side mirror changed to ADR,

i had no trouble with side intrusion bars or anything like that, does this mean I'm going to hell?

Have the rules changed again so as not to harm our precious automotive industry?

The rules changed after Eps bought his car in. The laws changed before I got mine. Simple. I have to do side intrusions now. I dont know why then other cars dont need to. Its crazy, I could have bought 1 Cefiro one day and it would have been fine without intrusions and the next day I would have another and needed them... its a stupid regulation, but it has to be done.

JK