SAU Community

4 Door GTR's?

the 4 door doesnt have any more space than the a 2 door though. so your getting into the same space through a smaller door.

im around 6.2 and almost 100kg and i get in and out of my car just fine.

im just curious about the appeal. i understand the price cause they are rare, its just that they dont look anywhere near as tuff as a gtr cause they havent got the pumped guards. i am also curious as to whether nissan would officially recognise them as a GTR.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't like the R33 4-door, even if it is an Autech GT-R. I dunno, I think it accentuates the worst aspects of the R33 design and looks very plain: I also dislike the sedan light cluster.

The R34 four door I think is a vast improvement, and that Jun R32 that Funky posted is quite cool.

Not trying to rain on other peoples parade -- and it would seem I am in the minority anyway -- but it just doesn't do it for me.

LW.

the 4 door doesnt have any more space than the a 2 door though. so your getting into the same space through a smaller door.

im around 6.2 and almost 100kg and i get in and out of my car just fine.

im just curious about the appeal. i understand the price cause they are rare, its just that they dont look anywhere near as tuff as a gtr cause they havent got the pumped guards. i am also curious as to whether nissan would officially recognise them as a GTR.

The 4 door has way more room for my teenage son who is 6.1, there is no way I can get him in the back of a 2 door. The appeal to me is I can have a family car that is way better than anthing I can afford here, and it is exclusive.

About the pumped look, you may want to take a second look as the 4 door also has the wider front AND rear guards, as the running gear is exactly the same as a 2 door.

The Autech versions are officially sanctioned by Nissan - Autech is their special vehicles arm, they do all sorts of things from 4 door R33 GTR's to wheelchair lift versions of standard Nissans.

The Autech R33 4 door GTR has the pumped front and rear gaurds.

• 6 months later...

I saw a 33 4 door a few years back that was imported by some panel beater/compliancer out Brisbane's Capalaba way. Can't say it did much for me, I loved the thought of it, but it just didn't look quite right.

Maybe because the things roof was flat to the door sills, and the guy was repairing it to sell!

Apparently it fell off the top of a car transporter in Japan! I often wonder where that ended up?

• 1 year later...

I would love the 4 door 33 gtr. the fact that when u pull up with mates (assuming u have more than 1) u don't have to get out to let them out. rather embarassing i would think. oh and the coupe is based of the sedan. just thought i would put that in ;-) and anyone that i would know would much prefer to have their own door for accessing the rear seats. so much hassel getting out to let them in, just because its a bigger door dosn't mean it makes it easier. you have moor room to get in the car when its a seperate door. not rocket science.